PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wade Phillips on BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://myespn.go.com/profile/hashmarks?tag=patriots-cowboys

Just returned from another entertaining Wade Phillips news conference. Since he's regarded as a defensive guru, I asked him how well he knows Patriots head coach Bill Belichick.

"Well, we don't go fishing together," Phillips said. "...I didn't say we go to the movies together."

Obviously, it was a Spygate throwback joke, but he tempered it by talking about how much he admires Belichick as a coach.
what a joker..

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i definitely don't get the joke.

well me neither, i was being sarcastic. phillips trying to be funny but looks like he is being sarcastic.

well me neither, i was being sarcastic. phillips trying to be funny but looks like he is being sarcastic.

Sarcasm is a form of humor.

Wade Phillips takes as many shots at himself as he does anybody else. One of his favorite things to do is tell you that he doesn't know much but his assistant coaches are pretty good. :singing:

I wouldn't expect to see Phillips taking any shots at BB- he has stated repeatedly that the guy is one of the best.

Last edited:
I'd like to know your thoughts on Rob Johnson, Mr. Phillips.

I'd like to know your thoughts on Rob Johnson, Mr. Phillips.

Now THAT opens a can of worms!

One of the all-time idiotic coaching decisions.

Wade Phillips so far has benefitted from riding Tuna's coattails. His true mediocrity eventually will rear its head.

Wade Phillips so far has benefitted from riding Tuna's coattails. His true mediocrity eventually will rear its head this sunday at 4:15.

Corrected.

Wade Phillips so far has benefitted from riding Tuna's coattails. His true mediocrity eventually will rear its head.

Wade Phillips has consistantly proven himself as a top tier defensive coordinator with multiple teams.

His two previous shots at being a HC were failures (Denver and Buffalo). For all I know, he may well fail again in Dallas. However, I have confidence in his abilities as a defensive coordinator.

I doubt he will do any worse in Dallas than the Tuna did. Parcells was a good coach, but his secret weapon was BB. Without him, he didn't do so hot.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i definitely don't get the joke.

Do you have to post multiple binaries with every post? That is known as a waste of bandwidth, and abusing a privilege. At the very least you could shrink the damn things.

I wouldn't call a 29-19 record in Buffalo a failure. You do know why he was fired, right?

Yeah, you may have a point.

As I recall, he got fired for not firing his special teams coach. He had promissed him to give him the season to get things turned around, but the GM (or was it the owner) told him to fire the guy or face losing his job. He refused to go back on his word and was consequently fired.

Still, the special teams play was pretty horid. Also, there is that matter sticking with the fragile Rob Johnson despite overwhelming evidence that pointed to that being a bad call.

As with many other HCs Wade made a huge mistake at QB going with Rob 'The Fragile One' Johnson. The guy had a horrible penchant for racking up losses and injuries. Loserman is more rugged despite the Wilfork inflicted injury but also a horrible QB. Pats did the Bills a Moe Lewis favor geting Loserman outa there. Edwards is no Brady but he'll be better than Losman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes