PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wade Phillips giving players the day off AND running practices indoors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
And this despite a crucial game at Heinz Field this weekend going into a very difficult final sprint. And practicing in the WARM indoors when the weather and field conditions are going to be horrible? Tomlin, OTOH, is doing just the opposite.

Pt being that remember once upon a time ago in '96, in a late Nov game against the Broncos at Foxboro, didn't the Pats get their tails handed to them...only for them to run the tables subsequently and make it to the Super Bowl, while the Broncos went 1 and done in the playoffs to some pop warner expansion team?

Come on guys, cheer up. Despite the loss, Belichick and the vets on this team are always on the ball making sure this team is focused and accountable at all times. Look at numerous other teams like my team that has a soft mentality. I think the Pats make the playoffs.

DALLAS COWBOYS Blog | The Dallas Morning News

Practice report: The Valley Ranch Circus is running strong
1:33 PM Wed, Dec 03, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Most of the Cowboys are preparing for Sunday's game in frigid Pittsburgh by practicing in the team's Valley Ranch indoor facility.

DeMarcus Ware (hyperextended knee) and Marion Barber (dislocated pinkie toe) braved the conditions to work out on a practice field along with fellow rehabbers Mike Jenkins (hamstring) and Miles Austin (knee). A handful of old dudes -- T.O., Marc Colombo, Flozell Adams, Greg Ellis and Zach Thomas -- were given a veteran's day off by Wade Phillips. (Didn't they have four of the previous five days off?)

It's quite a scene inside the bubble. A whole bunch of corporate types had invaded one sideline. A DJ was cranking out tunes on the other sideline, leading rookie TE Martellus Bennett to hop on his feet and dance during stretching drills.

At least Pacman Jones appeared to be taking things seriously. He seemed very focused while wearing a pair of Homer Simpson pajama pants under his shorts. ("I'm so smart," the writing on the pants read.)

Well, if the Cowboys lose in Pittsburgh, it won't be because they were too uptight.

Re: OT: Wade Phillips giving players the day off AND running practices indoors

Im sorry, but the description of your teams practice made me lmao.

You're hoping santa brings you a new coach for next year, huh?

I hear Phillips decided to give the team the day off after he read in his contract that he doesn't get compensated for unused vaction days if he is fired.

And this despite a crucial game at Heinz Field this weekend going into a very difficult final sprint. And practicing in the WARM indoors when the weather and field conditions are going to be horrible? Tomlin, OTOH, is doing just the opposite.

Pt being that remember once upon a time ago in '96, in a late Nov game against the Broncos at Foxboro, didn't the Pats get their tails handed to them...only for them to run the tables subsequently and make it to the Super Bowl, while the Broncos went 1 and done in the playoffs to some pop warner expansion team?

Come on guys, cheer up. Despite the loss, Belichick and the vets on this team are always on the ball making sure this team is focused and accountable at all times. Look at numerous other teams like my team that has a soft mentality. I think the Pats make the playoffs.

DALLAS COWBOYS Blog | The Dallas Morning News

Practice report: The Valley Ranch Circus is running strong
1:33 PM Wed, Dec 03, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Most of the Cowboys are preparing for Sunday's game in frigid Pittsburgh by practicing in the team's Valley Ranch indoor facility.

DeMarcus Ware (hyperextended knee) and Marion Barber (dislocated pinkie toe) braved the conditions to work out on a practice field along with fellow rehabbers Mike Jenkins (hamstring) and Miles Austin (knee). A handful of old dudes -- T.O., Marc Colombo, Flozell Adams, Greg Ellis and Zach Thomas -- were given a veteran's day off by Wade Phillips. (Didn't they have four of the previous five days off?)

It's quite a scene inside the bubble. A whole bunch of corporate types had invaded one sideline. A DJ was cranking out tunes on the other sideline, leading rookie TE Martellus Bennett to hop on his feet and dance during stretching drills.

At least Pacman Jones appeared to be taking things seriously. He seemed very focused while wearing a pair of Homer Simpson pajama pants under his shorts. ("I'm so smart," the writing on the pants read.)

Well, if the Cowboys lose in Pittsburgh, it won't be because they were too uptight.

How 'bout this--we'll trade you Josh McDaniels for Justin Rogers and DeMarcus Ware. ;)

[Yes, I know it can't happen. :) ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back