PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

W-n-b-c

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here is your entire depth chart at OLB...

Pierre Woods
Rob Ninkovich
Tully Banta-Cain
Jermaine Cunningham

That is buttfuggly...

Re: Wnbc

Awesome thread.

Pierre Woods
Rob Ninkovich
Tully Banta-Cain
Jermaine Cunningham

That is buttfuggly...

I guess that makes them roster locks, most likely.

I like stories.

my favorite color is clear

Massachusetts has a sushi buffet place (Minado) that I'm going to have to try one of these days.

Your comments should be viewed in the context of most teams in the NFL ,and the way we USED to view the situation as Pats fans. A starter, and a premium drafted rookie, and backed up by two average experienced pros at the position, is above average for a position; and constitutes what used to be thought of as "good depth", before Belichick spoiled us.

Even in the early SB era, we had three and three. Two starters outside, and a reserve; two starters inside and a reserve. And its not like the Pats had those three for their championships runs, either. TJ got hurt and missed a year and a half. Colvin got hurt and was lost for two years, as well.

Your comments should be viewed in the context of most teams in the NFL ,and the way we USED to view the situation as Pats fans. A starter, and a premium drafted rookie, and backed up by two average experienced pros at the position, is above average for a position; and constitutes what used to be thought of as "good depth", before Belichick spoiled us.

Even in the early SB era, we had three and three. Two starters outside, and a reserve; two starters inside and a reserve. And its not like the Pats had those three for their championships runs, either. TJ got hurt and missed a year and a half. Colvin got hurt and was lost for two years, as well.

the problem with this is that we need TWO OLBs that a good starters and i wouldn't call woods and Nin "experenced" pros

So you like this group of OLBs? I agree it would be a good list if there were two high quality starters above all these players but as listed it is the worst group of 3-4 LBs in the league.

During the Superbowl years... damn I miss those days the Patriots had 3 very high quality starters and then almost zero depth. Vrabel, McGinest, Colvin... and then an endless list of scrubs.

I'll admit that I am on a rollercoaster, sometimes I can talk myself into believing that the defense will be ok, not good, not great but just ok. Similar to last year. Other days I have visions of teams running to the defensive right, over and over and QBs having all day to throw...

In the end the season will come down to Brady, if he can win a couple of games by himself especially in the division things will be good. If he has a lackluster year like last year it will be a tough season.

Massachusetts has a sushi buffet place (Minado) that I'm going to have to try one of these days.

I highly recommend it. You'd think sushi buffets would be sketchy, but they turnover so much food during the day that it's always fresh. Very tasty.

Willie McGinest, mike vrabel, Rosevelt Colvin, and the #1 OLB on todays roster was the #4 or #5 OLB for the last two SB wins tully banta-cain, so i think they were in better shape then

Get tired with the same thread over and over and over again.. sounds like Michael Felger or one of the other resident contrarians..

The reality is that the pass rush can come from the MLB, CB,Safety or any combination thereof.. I suspect that there will be many combinations and many different strategies used by BB.. these threads intimate that BB does not recognize this whole part of the defense.. the same man who coached and developed Lawrence Taylor and effectively revolutionalized this position..

Please don't rerail this thread. It isn't worthy of serious discussion.

I highly recommend it. You'd think sushi buffets would be sketchy, but they turnover so much food during the day that it's always fresh. Very tasty.

In China, the all you can eat Sushi buffets have all you can drink beer and saki. I love Asahi draft. Of course you need to be careful to go to a good, clean restaurant. I prefer those frequented by Japanese ex-pats.

images

say it right ,Howard...W..eeeeeeeNNNNN..b....c..

Pierre Woods
Rob Ninkovich
Tully Banta-Cain
Jermaine Cunningham

That is buttfuggly...

Yeah, but guess what? Last year they had Woods, Ninkovich, Banta-Cain, and A. Thomas. Thomas was as bad as a player could possibly be, and the team was a playoff team. IF Cunningham is a stud rookie, this group could be drastically improved. IF they add a certain, former Bills player, to the mix, look out!

Not only that, but with the improved WR corp, and TE corp, I'm guessing the defense won't be on the field as much either. That's my glass is half full slant for now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots