PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrable needs to be the Patriots savior in the front seven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The guy,makes some valid points and yeah,Vrabel's greatness hopefully will show in these next several games,He may be the difference maker between stopping the run and pressuring the passer since no one in the last two games has really stepped up.

Its Vrabel time - and none better to start a good run than against his old team from the early decade.

http://www.eagletribune.com/pusports/local_story_342013055.html?keyword=topstory

Last edited:
I'd argue it's ty warren time. Andy Gresh on FSN sowed Ty getting blocked by a Tight End in the running game in Balt. The guy hasn't been what he was last year. Did he become a different player once he got his money? He can be a difference maker.

In reality the Pats would be a much faster defense if they had two fast ILB's. They need to upgrade, but for this season Warren and Vrabel need to collapse that right side of the offense and hopefully AD and Seymour can do the same. Seymour did make some good plays last game. He seemed to pick it up a bit last game.

I don't know enough about the Pats to have much of an opinion, but I know that Colvin was always right behind Asante and Harrison as most feared to make a big play against the Colts.

I keep thinking A Thomas will have a game where he has an interception and a couple of sacks/forced fumble.

Last edited:
Funny because on 'Twin Rivahs NE Tailgate' DeOssie and Smerlas did a breakdown showing Big Sey shoved back 5 yds on a big run by Willis and then another play where AD got taken out of the play and Green at DE was pushed into the center as Willis made a big run off tackle. Most of the big runs came off Sey and AD's side. The DL's worst game this year. I look for a big improvement against Pitt.

Funny because on 'Twin Rivahs NE Tailgate' DeOssie and Smerlas did a breakdown showing Big Sey shoved back 5 yds on a big run by Willis and then another play where AD got taken out of the play and Green at DE was pushed into the center as Willis made a big run off tackle. Most of the big runs came off Sey and AD's side. The DL's worst game this year. I look for a big improvement against Pitt.

I guess you could say the entire defense was awful in the run game whether the ravens ran left or right, whether the pats were in the 3-4 or 4-3.

Very suprising cosidering the quality of player on the team.

I'm sure alot of players started playing out of their gap, plus switching from the 3-4 to the 4-3 changes gap control phiosophy.

Hopefully it gets fixed.

I guess you could say the entire defense was awful in the run game whether the ravens ran left or right, whether the pats were in the 3-4 or 4-3.

Very suprising cosidering the quality of player on the team.

I'm sure alot of players started playing out of their gap, plus switching from the 3-4 to the 4-3 changes gap control phiosophy.

Hopefully it gets fixed.

The "awful" wasn't for a game, just for the 3rd quarter.

I'm still wondering precisely what changed in the Pats D in the 4th QTR when we shut down Willis after hed run wild. Yes, I know we pulled Harrison up into the box but there had to be more going on.

I'm still wondering precisely what changed in the Pats D in the 4th QTR when we shut down Willis after hed run wild. Yes, I know we pulled Harrison up into the box but there had to be more going on.

it seemed like intensity got notched up bigtime plus BB was coaching the defense specifically on the sidelines. having 8 in the box certainly helped.

there was bigtime penetration behind the line and great gap control.

The article says Ty Warren is playing hurt. That would explain a lot -- but does anybody have confirmation or details?

We sold out to stop the run leaving the secondary vulnerable. A gamble by BB?..Perhaps...or maybe it was more important to him to stop McGahee as opposed to worrying about getting carved up by the Ravens QB. Three consecutive 3 and outs would seem to indicate the strategy was correct.

Re: Vrabel needs to be the Patriots savior in the front seven?

Learn to spell Vrabel!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots