Welcome to PatsFans.com

Vrabel to the inside?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DB15, Mar 3, 2007.

1. DB15

DB15 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

For starters I must say I am just speachless with signing thomas unbeliveable.

Where does he play. Now lets think about this for a second. Colvin stays because he is just that good and the pats have too much money invested in him. Vrabel is to move inside, Thomas is a freak, and Mike has shown that he can do both. I am still holding out hope for Seau to return but it looks like the pats know that isnt going to happen.

I have alot more to say but I am way hungover last night, and a bit overwhelmed.

what do you guys think
  2. aabtec

aabtec Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hope that they move Vrabel inside with Bruscii..It would be nice if Seau came back. The team needs a rotation of the LB's..
  3. DB15

DB15 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

that would be a sweet starting group of lbs. but you are correct we do need a decent rotation now and we dont have it
  4. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I think we just became the best defensive team in the league. Although, I still need some type of confirmation that Thomas is signed.
  5. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

The pats used a three man rotation for ILB and OLB during the 03 and 04 championship seasons.

Phiffer, Johnson, Bruschi ILB
    Willie, Vrabel, Colvin OLB

I expect they will try and get back to that level with Vrabel and Thomas having the ability to bounce outside or inside. I think they'll still add another ILB and bring Seau back.

Something like:

Thomas, Vrabel, Colvin OLB
    Bruschi, Seau, (Polk, Harris, Johson....), Vrabel, Thomas ILB
  6. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

With both Vrabel and Thomas able to play both positions you could really switch them back and forth depending on the situation. I don't think one will just be locked into a specific side all year.