PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel sour grapes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vrabel Sour Grapes??

Are we really this petty? :confused2:

In the case of some - yes.

Everyone who stays is wonderful, everyone who leaves is an ungrateful POS - even those like Vrabel who didn't leave of their own choice.

Sure, maybe Vrabel's a little bitter. And maybe that sorta could be implied from a couple of his comments. If you want to see ungrateful or bitter, go like at some of Shaq's recent comments. Vrabel was an awesome Patriot, and I'm not going to read a whole lot into what he said. If nothing else, he has enough respect for the Pats to leave it (at most) implied.

Re: Vrabel sour grapes

Did Vrabel ever strike fans as particularly talkative in interviews? He is matter of fact. TO he is not. The answers sound typical of Vrabel, loyal to the team he plays for and with the right frame of mind for the job at hand.

I'll leave the detailed psychological profiling to those obviously more qualified than myself by virtue of their diligent study of the actors in Criminal Minds, but I do not read Vrabel as negative at all in his interview.

Vrabel was a big part of the Pats for the past several years and now he plays for the Chiefs. Appreciate what he did while with the Pats and understand he is not going to say "it sucks I don't play for the Pats anymore" as a veteran leader for the Chiefs.

I just read the transcript of Mike Vrabels comments with the Kansas City media today and found myself convinced that, while he doesn't say it, Mike Vrabel is clearly pissed at BB for trading him.
Clearly? Hardly. I suppose if you are wearing a tin foil helmet, yeah, you could read whatever you wanted into anything, but if he was pleased, pissed or indifferent, I could imagine him saying pretty much the same thing.

I work on Maui and Vrable, Matt Light and some others came into the restaurant I work in. They were attending the NFLPA meetings that are held out here. All of them were great guys, really down to earth. One of my good friends was taking care of them, when they left she yelled, "Go Pats!". Vrable responded, "Yeah, or whatever other team is paying me!". So I think Vrable is very aware of the business side of football and is not bitter.

Vrabel is a class guy who played every game, and played them hard. If I were going to one of the worst teams in the game, from one of the best, I'd be pissed too. Good Luck Mike V, and stay healthy.

I work on Maui and Vrable, Matt Light and some others came into the restaurant I work in. They were attending the NFLPA meetings that are held out here. All of them were great guys, really down to earth. One of my good friends was taking care of them, when they left she yelled, "Go Pats!". Vrable responded, "Yeah, or whatever other team is paying me!". So I think Vrable is very aware of the business side of football and is not bitter.

Interesting. I'm sure it wasn't a shock to him. Was that before or after the trade?

I just read the transcript of Mike Vrabels comments with the Kansas City media today and found myself convinced that, while he doesn't say it, Mike Vrabel is clearly pissed at BB for trading him.
I think you're reaching at straws here... in every quote that you posted, all the words that you made bold are clear Belichick-speak. Vrabes is going to coach one day, and he learned handling the media from the Jedi Master. Is he happy with the trade? I doubt it, but he's not going to let his emotions rule his words. He's a TEAM guy. He's not going to overtly bad mouth his old team, or his new team.

While I wouldn't say this IS necessarily a thinly veiled shot at BB, I don't know how accurate it is to say it isn't. :D

Sounds more like a veiled shot at the Ray Lewis's of the world. (I think you bolded the wrong part of that paragraph)

What do you think? Is Mike Vrabel pissed at BB for trading him to Kansas City?
Again, I'm sure he's not thrilled... he gave part of his heart and soul to this team, but I'd be willing to bet that in his heart of hearts, he saw the writing on the wall, knows this business is a business, and appreciates it could have been handled much worse for him. ...of course that won't stop him from playing with a chip on his shoulder and pissed as hell, he learned how to take someone breathing in his general direction as a sign of disrespect from the master, Rodney. :)

Hmm.......

Has anyone tried to listen to it backwards?

All I got was "Bwwwwiiiilllll Bwwweeeeelichick is the debil... Bwwwwiiiilllll Bwwweeeeelichick is the debil..."

grasping at straws i think.he also says this
Q: What is the definition of “The Patriot Way”?

VRABEL: “I think it is about making football important. Loving to play football is about being prepared, being accountable and consistent. I think to be consistent at least your teammates and your coaches know what to expect out of you every week and it is not something that is great one week and then crappy the next. It is putting effort in and getting consistent production from the players.”

Why shouldn't he be a little upset?

We were all a little stunned. Imagine how he felt, and he's the one who has to move the family and find a new place up in Kansas City.

Spot on!

I couldn't agree more.

Put yourself in his shoes.

You tell me what YOU would think...

I'd think.."dyam, this dude has some big friggin' feet"

Vrabel is a class guy who played every game, and played them hard. If I were going to one of the worst teams in the game, from one of the best, I'd be pissed too. Good Luck Mike V, and stay healthy.

Spot on again...

He came to the Pats as an afterthought from the Stealers.

He kicked a s s when he was here...

He deserves MAJOR cred.

One of my favs.

We all grow old eventually.

I would be a bit pissed as well.

Nothing wrong with anything Mike said.

Nothing.

I think the grapes are sweet and sour. If you've never listened to Vrabes interviews on NEST before this might seem like sour.

However having seen him many times this is as sweet as it gets with him. Don't expect a big public show of love from him, you are not going to get it. That's not a put down, that is just the way he talks in those things.

I think the grapes are sweet and sour. If you've never listened to Vrabes interviews on NEST before this might seem like sour.

However having seen him many times this is as sweet as it gets with him. Don't expect a big public show of love from him, you are not going to get it. That's not a put down, that is just the way he talks in those things.

Exactly. If anything the KC players/fans should take this as the first lesson in how to talk like a Patriot.

i.e.- some things you say, some you don't, and you damn well better figure out quickly which is which.

Last edited:

Sure, maybe Vrabel's a little bitter.
Not true, according to Vrable. To say he is anything but excited wouldn't be the truth:

Vrabel was asked how he views the change.
“A change of scenery. A different place to work, a different place to work. To say that I’m anything but excited about the opportunity wouldn’t be the truth. I’m looking forward to it.”

mate u are reading waaaaaaay too much into this. and emphasizing words that suit your conspiracy theory. i think thats a pretty stock standard interview

Check it out...

Notice he doesn't answer the question with a strong "That's not true." Instead he answers with a hazy "I wouldn't say that is necessarily true." His language leaves several possible interpretations as to what someone could say about the situation. Vrabel himself wouldn't say that is necessarily true but someone else might be able to say it. Also why does he qualify the truth by putting the word necessarily in front of it? What does that mean exactly anyway?

Again, instead of plainly stating, "That's not accurate" he muddies the water so that we don't really know how accurate it is. I mean how can we know if Vrable himself doesn't know.

And then we have what may be a thinly veiled shot at Bill Belichick...

While I wouldn't say this IS necessarily a thinly veiled shot at BB, I don't know how accurate it is to say it isn't. :D

What do you think? Is Mike Vrabel pissed at BB for trading him to Kansas City?

If i was playing for the Pats and then got traded to KC...i would be pissed too. He was probably asked to take a pay cut, he said no, then he was traded IMO. Oh well, i appriciate the work he did for us, but he plays for KC now.

If i was playing for the Pats and then got traded to KC...i would be pissed too. He was probably asked to take a pay cut, he said no, then he was traded IMO. Oh well, i appriciate the work he did for us, but he plays for KC now.

... pretty much ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey