PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel : Scoring TD's are like being on crack

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
On NEST tonight, Mike Vrabel was on and was asked about his playing TE.

He said that he was open on Evans TD and was waving for the ball. He said (jokingly) that scoring TD's was like being on crack. The more you score, the more you want.

Brady said that he's not going to throw to him anymore if he waving his arm in the end zone, again jokingly.

I just love watching Vrabel humiliate other linebackers. I think watching Vrabel score TDs is like being on crack, too. :D

I seem to recall Dexter Manley and Lawrence Taylor making similar comments. ;)

JoeSixPat said:
I seem to recall Dexter Manley and Lawrence Taylor making similar comments. ;)

Zing..... good stuff joe!

Need to fee Vrabel more crack :D Isn't he perfect in term of reception/TD?

I love Vrabel. I love his versatility. I want his legend to grow, to make it all the easier for him to be a successful coach of the Buckeyes one day. But if he never gets another pass thrown his way I'll be happy, because it will mean that the Pats are deep and healthy at TE.

Realistically, of course, Vrabel seems to be first backup TE off the bench in power sets, and our TEs are a bit fragile, so he'll probably see more action on offense.

Is it me, or have I seen a lack of plays from Vrabel on defense this year? I'll add Colving in as well - there's been no pass rush so far, and it's their responsibility - what's the deal?

DCPatsFan said:
Is it me, or have I seen a lack of plays from Vrabel on defense this year? I'll add Colving in as well - there's been no pass rush so far, and it's their responsibility - what's the deal?

Simple answer. He and Rosey have been playing more in coverage this year. the rush has been coming from the front 3/4. Witness the multiple sacks are mostly from our DL.

That won't last all season. Just when you think you know what we are doing on D- BB will change it up.

PATSNUTme said:
Simple answer. He and Rosey have been playing more in coverage this year. the rush has been coming from the front 3/4. Witness the multiple sacks are mostly from our DL.

That won't last all season. Just when you think you know what we are doing on D- BB will change it up.

Honestly, I can never tell what they're in!! One minute it seems like they're in a 4/3, and the next minute it looks like they're in a 3/4. Vrabel's outside, Vrabel's inside. They switch it up constantly.

But regardless, Vrabel does seem a bit slower this year, perhaps he's just still trying to adjust to the two different positions and is a little tentative.

I LOVE VRABEL!!!! He is a True Patriot!

Jay

Pats_AZ said:
I LOVE VRABEL!!!! He is a True Patriot!

Jay

I like him too, and the previous posts discuss him and Colving playing coverage - it was the Denver game that had me irate - I have Broncos fans at work to deal with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back