PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel really gives it to Felger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vrabel really gives it too Felger

Felger has a long established reputation as a prissy metro-sexual preppy.

Felger has historically had an antagonistic relationship with Vrabel, trying to portray him as a neanderthal. Tit for tit if you will.

No reason to get so huffy.

Amen to that! People on here either need to start drinking or quit drinking

The Rib place is the Montgomery Inn if anyone is going to the area.

The other local must is Skyline Chili

Link!!
I need to see this!
I'm out of State!
HELP ME!!!!:eek:

They hate felger in that locker room....it's great....am i wrong or does this go back to corey dillon?

It might go back to Willie McGinest.

Yeah, I seem to remember Willie made a jest at Felger questioning his sexuality.
I can't remember the exact quote.

Last edited:
Yeah, I seem to remember Willie made a jest at Felger questioning his sexuality.
I can't remember the exact quote.

"I hear a rumor your gay, are you gay?" haha they play that all the time

Link!!
I need to see this!
I'm out of State!
HELP ME!!!!:eek:

Listen to the last half hour of today's PFW podcast (for Friday, 9/28) on www.patriots.com. Felger interviews a few Pats, and Vrabel gives him a hard time about "trying to put words in my mouth" among other things.
At one point Felger says that the team knows they can't get any better, but that BB makes the players say they can. Vrabel discounts that, making his point by saying, "Can your radio show get any better? Is it perfect, or do you think it can improve?"

Entertaining stuff.:)

The Krafts are agressive marketers. That led to something called Patriots Friday on ESPN Boston. Unfortunately it is hosted by a guy who by his own admission doesn't generate a lot of eye contact in that locker room any more.

Felgie thinks it somehow makes him look good, or fuels ratings, for him to ask the kind of questions he knows these guys can't answer honestly. He at times frames the questions so agressively you almot sense it makes them subconsciously want to backhand him. I think they chose Vrabel and Light as his prime guests for a reason. They're both bright guys not easily impressed by a mere mediot trying to climb the ladder at their expense, both tend to be able to cop just enough thinly veiled contempt to give the impression that while he's an annoying prick to deal with he's not good enough at what he's attempting to do to get the better of them. Too easy to just toy with or even occasionally **** a little with him...because he needs them to appear more than they need to appear. Listening the first week you could tell that Vrabes had given him a behave yourself look out of the gate, and Felger chose to ignore it.

Miller was a great guest when he first came on. By year two Felger was acting like Miller was his inside guy, and Miller gradually became uncomfortable enough with being unable to joke his way around that impression and some of the pointed things Felger was spouting while he was on (implicating Miller was how he knew things), that he started bailing out on the show.

They don't tend to let anyone they don't trust implicitly within 20 yards of Felger miked up any more. Because they know he's not looking for insight, he's looking for a soundbite he can capitalize on. Ordway and Co. and D&C get a lot more out of their guests because they have built a resevior of trust with them. There seems to be little more than contempt for Felger from any of them any more.

Willie nailed him as an emerging rumor monger and **** stirrer, but his actual problems in that locker room date back to his gradual transition to mediot for hire on WEEI and FSNE. Back in the day (2000-2002), when he was a simple football beat reporter, he was a player and management favorite not to mention a joy for fans to listen to compared to who he was on with - until his desire to make waves (and his personality bones) on the air led to some slips in prior confidences and stuff he was told in background. Not to mention his legendary hatchet job on Pedro that actually got him knocked out of the WEEI rotation for a time at Lucchino's behest.

Once you break trust with the guys from Foxboro, you are dead to them. Felger has 0 access these days and is left to rely mostly on secondary sources like the malcontents from PFW and Tomasse's drop a dime sources. Vrabel and Light will take one for the team by appearing on Friday's because they're consumate pros, but it's pretty clear they'd rather be taping in the weight room with prissy boy ducktaped to the heavy bag.

The Krafts are agressive marketers. That led to something called Patriots Friday on ESPN Boston. Unfortunately it is hosted by a guy who by his own admission doesn't generate a lot of eye contact in that locker room any more.

Felgie thinks it somehow makes him look good, or fuels ratings, for him to ask the kind of questions he knows these guys can't answer honestly. He at times frames the questions so agressively you almot sense it makes them subconsciously want to backhand him. I think they chose Vrabel and Light as his prime guests for a reason. They're both bright guys not easily impressed by a mere mediot trying to climb the ladder at their expense, both tend to be able to cop just enough thinly veiled contempt to give the impression that while he's an annoying prick to deal with he's not good enough at what he's attempting to do to get the better of them. Too easy to just toy with or even occasionally **** a little with him...because he needs them to appear more than they need to appear. Listening the first week you could tell that Vrabes had given him a behave yourself look out of the gate, and Felger chose to ignore it.

Miller was a great guest when he first came on. By year two Felger was acting like Miller was his inside guy, and Miller gradually became uncomfortable enough with being unable to joke his way around that impression and some of the pointed things Felger was spouting while he was on (implicating Miller was how he knew things), that he started bailing out on the show.

They don't tend to let anyone they don't trust implicitly within 20 yards of Felger miked up any more. Because they know he's not looking for insight, he's looking for a soundbite he can capitalize on. Ordway and Co. and D&C get a lot more out of their guests because they have built a resevior of trust with them. There seems to be little more than contempt for Felger from any of them any more.

Willie nailed him as an emerging rumor monger and **** stirrer, but his actual problems in that locker room date back to his gradual transition to mediot for hire on WEEI and FSNE. Back in the day (2000-2002), when he was a simple football beat reporter, he was a player and management favorite not to mention a joy for fans to listen to compared to who he was on with - until his desire to make waves (and his personality bones) on the air led to some slips in prior confidences and stuff he was told in background. Not to mention his legendary hatchet job on Pedro that actually got him knocked out of the WEEI rotation for a time at Lucchino's behest.

Once you break trust with the guys from Foxboro, you are dead to them. Felger has 0 access these days and is left to rely mostly on secondary sources like the malcontents from PFW and Tomasse's drop a dime sources. Vrabel and Light will take one for the team by appearing on Friday's because they're consumate pros, but it's pretty clear they'd rather be taping in the weight room with prissy boy ducktaped to the heavy bag.

Didn't Felger also prematurely break the Ted Washington re-signing, before all the i's were dotted and all the t's were crossed? TW's agent was so pissed that he broke off negotiations, and signed with Oakland shortly thereafter. If true, then that's not a good way to make friends in the FO.

Felger seems to have gone from trying to be a nice guy, to the resident contrarian a la Borges.. he has failed miserably, when he used to be paired with DeOssie and Smerlas they used to beat the ***** out of him.. he would spend a lot of time with his tail between his legs. He reminds me of Pete Carroll in a weird way. He will take any hit for the ratings... a real media whore.

Last edited:
Any time anyone can dump on MF I love it...he's taken Borges place..and then at times gone in the other direction..can NOT stand the guy at all..he's so full of himself.. should send himback to where he came from cheeseland...

I know not many people believe this, but 5 yrs ago, Felger used to be the best beat writer in Boston.. His take on the Pats was objective, and was one of the first people to pick out Brady should be the QB over Bledsoe... But as yrs went on he began reading his own press clipings, and got his own radio and tv gig.. Now he just likes to hear himself talk, he cant hold a candle to Mike Reiss or Paul Perillo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back