PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukin

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
www.nfl.com/features/squibkicks

Linebacker Mike Vrabel and the Patriots begin their quest for a third straight Super Bowl title on Saturday night in a wild-card meeting with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Are you preparing like you might see David Garrard or Byron Leftwich at QB for the Jaguars? "They're very similar as far as the way they take care of the football and the way they distribute it. I think that Garrard can give you a little bit more on the edge where I think Leftwich can stay in the pocket a little more. They both are extremely careful with the football and they're not going to turn it over. They move the offense."
Have you played against a running back like Fred Taylor? "It's not only Fred Taylor. They have four backs. He is the focal point and he's their number one back, but you need to talk about [Greg] Jones and you can go right on down the line. There are other guys that can spell him and that makes that harder on us."
What kind of challenge does teh Jaguars' size present for you guys? "I take a look at it and we're looking at a rough road. They're going to run the football and take care of it. It's important to just get guys to the football. I think that as far as the DBs are concerned, you just understand that the bigger receivers are going to make plays. They're going to catch the ball. They’'e going to make plays in the open field. But the defensive linemen and the linebackers can run to the football and maybe make a hit and make a play."
Do you think about the Jaguars being underdogs despite having 12 wins?
? "We don't. We have no money riding on this game, so we don't think about it. We've been in that situation. We've been 14-point underdogs. We've been as low as you can be. There's no disrespect to the Jacksonville Jaguars. They won 12 football games. They're a good team. They're physical and they're tough. They're well coached and they're a reflection of their head coach just like we are."
How do things change since you’re playing on Saturday night as opposed to Sunday afternoon? "It is like a Sunday night game on our normal clock. I can go home and see the kids for a little bit and then come to the stadium. A lot of guys do it differently. I like to come to the stadium early, regardless. Even with a late game, you’re here four-and-a-half hours before kickoff. You just have to get away from everything -- kids and people who are in town -- and have some sort of calmness where it’s not as crazy."

Last edited by a moderator:
What, they didn't ask about the dropkick?

It's interesting how much the players on this team talk exactly like BB when talking about opponents.. You could take his answers and BBs and im sure they would be almost identical..

Chris

Last edited:
Chris said:
It's interesting how much the players on this team talk exactly like BB when talking about opponents.. You could take his answers and BBs and im sure they would be almost identical..

Chris

yep and we could be playing a high school team but they would make you believe we are playing the afc probowl team.

Did you hear the vets put a gag order on the rookies? Rookies aren't allowed to speak about the game.

emoney_33 said:
yep and we could be playing a high school team but they would make you believe we are playing the afc probowl team.

Did you hear the vets put a gag order on the rookies? Rookies aren't allowed to speak about the game.
Beat me to it. Apparently it takes as long to learn the rap as it does the defense!:D

Muzzled, and a good thing, these guys can be expected to have the wildest emotional swing and this is one way to take pressure off when the media comes to call. They are also the ones who are most likely to make a mental error in a game and be embarassed - easier to regain your focus if your not thinking about a remark to the media that just got highlighted negatively.

I think Vrabel is the MVP of the D this year. He's moved from OLB to ILB and been steady as a rock all year. And hasn't missed a game.

This isn't new. They put a muzzle on Light and Seymour as rookies too-- and putting a muzzle on Light is not an easy thing to do. Actually, I dont remember any BB rookie speaking to the media after training camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back