Vrabel questionable

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Per Reiss
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/11/welker_vrabel.html

If Vrabel doesn't play expect Colvin, Bruschi, Seau and Thomas to take the majority of the snaps but maybe we actually get to see Woods play some snaps at OLB in the regular defense.

The next 5 games are going to be physical, and could lead to lingering injuries. The Pats could almost lock up home field advantage if they win the next 4 (Indy would have to lose one or the Pats would have to lose their last three to lose home field, assuming Indy wins out).

It will be interesting to watch the infirmary report over the next month or so, it could determine the approach for the final two games. Although personally I think BB says 'kill them all and let the police sort out the bodies'.

Sun 11/18 at Buffalo 8:15 pm
Sun 11/25 Philadelphia 8:15 pm
Mon 12/3 at Baltimore 8:30 pm
Sun 12/9 Pittsburgh 4:15 pm
Random question - Why is Eddie Jackson on the roster if he is still banged up? Is there really a danger that if he was cut his spot couldn't be easily filled... wierd.

Last edited:
I thought the Pats just had a bye week. What's up with all the injuries? Don't tell me they hurt themselves watching game film or golfing? Did BB work them too hard on Monday and they were a little tight from the week off?

Vrabel will probably play..if not we could be in trouble since Thomas is already hurting (he had a lot of wrapping around his ankle ).

I thought the Pats just had a bye week.
Vrabel was questionable for Indy too, he's obviously a little dinged up. I have little doubt he can play - and he probably will - but it's certainly possible questionable players will be kept out sometimes for the long haul we still have ahead.

don't we only have eight lb's. with alexander out, he'll probably suit up even if he is a little banged up.

I hope his alright....his is a magor piece of the puzzle...

Any idea what body part is causing the problem? I've seen him rotating his right shoulder between plays since the Washington game. Hopefully, they can manage whatever it is throughout the season.

Last edited:
Random question - Why is Eddie Jackson on the roster if he is still banged up? Is there really a danger that if he was cut his spot couldn't be easily filled... wierd.
He was on PUP. He had to be activated, cut, or put on IR. My guess is he is too close to being ready to justify IRing or cutting him, so he is on the roster until he gets better.

If they IRed him, they'd just sign someone else who would be inactive, so they are keeping him.

Vrabel will probably play..if not we could be in trouble since Thomas is already hurting (he had a lot of wrapping around his ankle ).
Then why isn't he on the injury report?

Any idea what body part is causing the problem? I've seen him rotating his right shoulder between plays since the Washington game.
Yes, the injury report on Vrabel says Shoulder.

Then why isn't he on the injury report?
Thomas??? THAT is a good question...I think he's been banged up considerably the past month...not on BB's report...

If you practice and play you don't go on the injury report because your ankle needs taping. You only appear on the injury report if you miss a portion or all of practice due to injury. Brady wouldn't appear there either except they always sit the QB for a portion of practice, like when they are working on defense and the backups are are running the scout team or look drills.

As for Jackson (Eddie) he was a practice player of the week a couple of weeks ago. Maybe he got dinged up in practice or after lots of hard work in practice his knee is tender - something not uncommon in players returning from that surgery, which is why you need to see them go before making final determinations about their viability for the rest of the season...

With Welker sitting out some practices this week, Troy has as I surmised gotten a lot of work. That's the only way to determine if these guys are good to go as potential actives.

It would be nice to see what Pierre Woods can do at LB. He had an excellent training camp and now is one of the teams special team's aces.

I hope he plays, he is such a valuable player! :)

I think they should use a modified 4-3 or even a 5-2-4

Play Seymour, Wilfork, Green, Warren and Colvin on the line and Bruschi, Seau and Woods as LB. Thomas probably needs to rest his ankle.

Put the interior defensive linemen on 'penetrate' mode.

Play Seymour, Wilfork, Green, Warren and Colvin on the line and Bruschi, Seau and Woods as LB. Thomas probably needs to rest his ankle.

Put the interior defensive linemen on 'penetrate' mode.

We will let BB know, he was waiting for someone on this board to come up with a good scheme for this game!

They won't need to, the Bills will not have a run game with Lynch out. If they win this one it will be through the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes