PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel fined for Anderson hit [Update: $5,000]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
According to his interview right now on ESPN Radio Boston 890, Patriots Friday with Michael Felger, Andy Hart, and Tom Casale.

He said that "it was the minimum" possible fine and that he will appeal it. He also said that he thinks the commissioner is going overboard (not the way Mike put it) with his fines and discipline, for stuff like "wearing the wrong color wristbands."

Mike also said that he only watched the play on tape once, and it reaffirmed what had happened: that he played to the whistle, bull rushed the tackle, and was pulled down into the QB. He also noted that the Browns should be smart enough to have a fake spike play in their playbook, like Favre did last weekend, so he had to play to the whistle in case of this.

Furthermore, Vrabes said that it was the Browns' problem that they decided to make this a point of emphasis until this Wednesday. The Pats are just concerned about getting ready for the Cowboys, whether each team is 5-0 or not. He said that he's a little surprised that one of RAC's guys would come out and say this, and that BB's catch phrase is "Shut the **** up."

He also doesn't care about what people say about the Pats, because first it was cheaters, now it's they're cheap, then it's they're classless. The Pats don't like to talk, but according to Vrabes, the media thinks those who jaw endlessly are "the better players."

Re: Vrabel fined for Steinbach hit

Jets Commissioner God-ell
loves taking every opportunity to chip the Patriots.

We knew it would happen. The Patriots can't get away with anything now. They know it too. We'll have the last laugh though. :rocker:

Vrabel sounds "FIRED UP"...and I like it. :D
:rocker:

For some reason I have the same "mildly nervous but for some reason abnormally confident" feeling that I had prior to the SD game.

Michael Holley had a great line about that game, BTW. He said that the SD game was one where "I was gonna be out there playing".

Re: Vrabel fined for Steinbach hit [Update: $5,000]

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/

October 12th, 2007
Vrabel fined $5,000
Posted by John Tomase at 4:13 pm

According to colleague Karen Guregian, Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel was fined $5,000 for unnecessary roughness against the Browns last week. According to a league spokesman, “specifically, on a spike play, he unnecessarily drove the opponent toward the quarterback after the ball was dead.”

The fine is for the play that caused Browns guard Eric Steinbach to label Vrabel a dirty player. Browns quarterback Derek Anderson had already spiked the clock dead when Vrabel drove into left tackle Joe Thomas, fell, and then rolled into Anderson’s leg.

The play didn’t look dirty to us, but c’est la vie. The league disagrees.

The Browns should be ashamed of themselves..a lineman like him?? Wear a skirt next..LOBE what Vrabel said...!!!!!

I've watched the play over and over....
total bs

they hate our team

At least even they could see he didnt' go for the knee. Quite a fact to shove in the face of those who said he did.

This is total BS. Vrabel is getting fined for doing something he's supposed to be doing which is finishing thru on a play. It's not Vrabel's fault that the Brown's OL decided to take the play off and were thus vunerable to being pushed back into the QB.

If anyone should have been fined it was the guy (Steinbach?) who hit Vrabel while vrabel was on the ground defenseless after the play was blown dead.

Idiocy, not sure what Goodell wants.. seems to be too focused on Pats Stuff..

Idiocy, not sure what Goodell wants.. seems to be too focused on Pats Stuff..
Doesn't he (godell) come up in a few years for (for lack of a better word I can't think of) reelection? I been thinking over the last few weeks that if he keeps this knit picking,fine anything that moves behaviour up that he could easily be voted out. I mean a memo on Cheerleeders,and what they can do? Talk about micro-managing. I know the owers wanted the league cleaned up,but if Godell keeps this up we could be talking megolomaniac here. There was no reason for fining Vrable, he dove for the ball,people reacted its football not tidlely-winks.

Doesn't he (godell) come up in a few years for (for lack of a better word I can't think of) reelection? I been thinking over the last few weeks that if he keeps this knit picking,fine anything that moves behaviour up that he could easily be voted out. I mean a memo on Cheerleeders,and what they can do? Talk about micro-managing. I know the owers wanted the league cleaned up,but if Godell keeps this up we could be talking megolomaniac here. There was no reason for fining Vrable, he dove for the ball,people reacted its football not tidlely-winks.

Goodell = Mangini

They are both wet behind the ears and they are trying to make up for it by being hardasses. It is insecurity as far as I am concerned.

People should send Steinbach a dress...really..it is totally laughable..
Bad-hell??? What a bunch of BS that he is doing..I'd love to see at some later date someone stick his face with a pie.....as far as I am concerned... he will end up hurting the league..and THAT is hard to do..given everything. Seems like the squeaky wheel is getting the grease.. I think people should start complaining about refs....why not??

This is total BS. Vrabel is getting fined for doing something he's supposed to be doing which is finishing thru on a play. It's not Vrabel's fault that the Brown's OL decided to take the play off and were thus vunerable to being pushed back into the QB.

If anyone should have been fined it was the guy (Steinbach?) who hit Vrabel while vrabel was on the ground defenseless after the play was blown dead.
Are you ticked that the OTHER 10 players on defense took the play off?? Did BB reward Vrabel, and punish the others with wind sprints??

doeas anyone have a link to the video clip of this play?

Fight it Vrabes!!!!! Was there even a penalty given on that play???

Are you ticked that the OTHER 10 players on defense took the play off?? Did BB reward Vrabel, and punish the others with wind sprints??
yeah, didn't think so:rolleyes:

That's ok, I've looked at the play like many of you and it's not what everyone's making it out to be. Now Mike gets his day in court ( He'll appeal ) and he'll win, there's no way they can say for sure he wasn't just playing to the whistle.

It's interesting though if you think about it, all these petty attacks directed towards the Patriots. Hasn't anyone figured out ( Like Wade Phillips did ) that all these crap being said is like throwing gas on a kitchen fire. You know Wade Phillips was walking around screaming WTF after hearing about about thumb sucking Peter Kings spilling the beans, he knows. Of course that didn't keep one of their players from sounding off, what are these people thinking, I guess their confidence is so great, they figure " Let'm get mad, we'll still beat them "

Grade A Tacklin fuel, hand delivered by the Dallas Cowboys

Not sure what BB did or didn't do to the other players but what we do know is that BB has spoke on this incident and he has stated that he wouldn't coach Vrabel to play that play any differently then he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots