PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel Dissed. Sanders DPOY

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU JUST MADE MY POINT!!! Using Dissed is as embaressing to our society as using Jap...THANK YOU Wildo!:cool:

No, I was using an example of how your generation did the same thing but created a racial slur. "Dis" is completely harmless and will never go away. Nice try though.:rolleyes:

Fine ol man. Who can I see about using copyrighted/trademarked words. Nothing infuriates me more then improper usage and hijacking for public domains sake of legally copyrighted/Trademarked words.
Kleenex, Ping Pong, Bandaid, Legos, Xerox, Tivo, Scotch Tape, Q-Tips, Popsicle, Aspirin, Frisbee, Jello-O, Thermos... I can go on

I work in the consumer products industry so you made me smile with your list. I'm always impressed when someone is aware of this practice. I spent a few years working for Clorox and we all know some people call any bleach, Clorox. I also worded for Binney-Smith, manufacturers of Crayons.

Last edited:
It probably IS a new thing for non Colts fans, but for some of us, we've been "preaching about Bob" since he's been a Colt, and trust me, he's been bringing the hammer since his Iowa Hawkeyes days. Search Youtube for Bob Sanders, and watch the video titled "hardest hitter son", or something like that...to see what I mean.

Oh I know who he was, I drafted him in my Dynasty Fantasy League when he came out of college. He was hurt 2 out of 3 years and eventually I dumped him. Then I'm watching the playoffs last year and all of a sudden he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

He's good, I like watching the guy but Christ the media piling on (negative or positive) is so ridiculous. One analyst somewhere says Player A is good and then suddenly he's a HOFer.

I'd like to have Sanders on the Pats but I don't think he deserves to be DPOY.

I work in the consumer products industry so you made me smile with your list. I'm always impressed when someone is aware of this practice. I spent a few years working for Clorox and we all know some people call any bleach, Clorox.

Or Gat for Gatling gun? How about Zig Zags?

Nothing infuriates me more then improper usage and hijacking for public domains sake of legally copyrighted/Trademarked words.
I had a list of things that infuriated me, but I put the list in a ziplock bag and threw it in a dumpster.

Last edited:
Oh I know who he was, I drafted him in my Dynasty Fantasy League when he came out of college. He was hurt 2 out of 3 years and eventually I dumped him. Then I'm watching the playoffs last year and all of a sudden he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

He's good, I like watching the guy but Christ the media piling on (negative or positive) is so ridiculous. One analyst somewhere says Player A is good and then suddenly he's a HOFer.

I'd like to have Sanders on the Pats but I don't think he deserves to be DPOY.

...and you're entitled to that. I ain't comin' to your board telling you how you should think, LOL.

No, I was using an example of how your generation did the same thing but created a racial slur. "Dis" is completely harmless and will never go away. Nice try though.:rolleyes:

That wasn't my generation my friend....long before my time. No generation is without bigotry...even yours. Dis may or may not go away but we won't know for a long time. At least we KNOW disrespect won't go away.

I work in the consumer products industry so you made me smile with your list. I'm always impressed when someone is aware of this practice. I spent a few years working for Clorox and we all know some people call any bleach, Clorox. I also worded for Binney-Smith, manufacturers of Crayons.

Sorry to hear that. The Chlorine must have affected your grey matter.

Sorry to hear that. The Chlorine must have affected your grey matter.

Probably...now I'm just a leading market analyst for the #1 vitamin brand in the U.S.. Work at home trying to figure out business strategies to take us to the next level. right now, we're a dynasty.:D

Probably...now I'm just a leading market analyst for the #1 vitamin brand in the U.S.. Work at home trying to figure out business strategies to take us to the next level. right now, we're a dynasty.:D

Sorry,please don't try and lure us into your multi-level marketing schemes for vitamins.

Totally uncalled for. Mods please delete.

what? As I said earlier, I was pointing out how past generations have done the same thing but in a much more negative way.

Sorry,please don't try and lure us into your multi-level marketing schemes for vitamins.

Not a problem, we're retail sales only.:D ...but you sound short on your vitamin B-Complex;)

what? As I said earlier, I was pointing out how past generations have done the same thing but in a much more negative way.

Wildo, what you said was wrong because you were trying to blame another generation for "inventing/perpetuating" racism in a round-about-way. That was poor on your part. I'm sure all PatsFan.com members abhor racism and don't need to have the subject even brought up at all.

Every generation has its good & bad. The old is never better than the new nor is the new better than the old...we all have our issues.

Last edited:
I don't think he should be DPOY here's his stats compared to anothers safety:

15 games started 96 tkls 3.5 sacks 0 ff 2 Ints 6 pass defensed
11 games started 68 tkls 2 sacks 1 ff 1 int 7 pass defensed

I don't see a case for one when the other is part of the first team to go Undefeated team in a 16 game scheduled season including against the other guy's team where the othe guy didn't show up other than one play(Rodney had that 1 pick in this game and shut Clark down). Now don't get me wrong I don't think Rodney deserves the DPOY award for no other reason than the HGH but nether does Sanders.

Last edited:
Wildo, what you said was wrong because you were trying to blame another generation for "inventing/perpetuating" racism in a round-about-way. That was poor on your part. I'm sure all PatsFan.com members abhor racism and don't need to have the subject even brought up at all.

Every generation has its good & bad. The old is never better than the new nor is the new better than the old...we all have our issues.

hahah what the eff are you talking about? My exact point was that past generations were no different.....they created common words in the same way all generations have, only this was an example of an extremely negative one. Stop obfuscating and take some ginko

You work for Centrum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back