Not open for further replies.
Sorry. No Madden curses for this team.

Oh Come on guys....:mad:

Put Darrell Revis or Mark Sanchez on the cover for the old jinx setup

I vote Revis. The curse LIVES!

Oh Come on guys....:mad:

2000 - Barry Sanders abruptly retires before training camp
2000 - Dorsey Levens is cut by Green Bay the following season
2001 - Eddie George enjoys career year, until costly turnover leads to Titan's playoff exit, the very next year his number take a huge drop across the board.
2002 - Daunte Culpepper leads team to dismal 4–7 record before season-ending knee injury
2003 - Marshall Faulk suffers ankle injury; career diminishes thereafter
2004 - Michael Vick fractures right fibula in preseason game, just one day after Madden is released; sidelined for season
2005 - Ray Lewis fails to post a single interception (after grabbing 6 the previous year), and injury forces him to miss the final game of the season; the Ravens also fail to make the playoffs after winning the division in the 2003–2004 season
2006 - Donovan McNabb suffers sports hernia in first game and undergoes season-ending surgery in November; T.O. feud escalates; Eagles finish 6–10 after reaching the Super Bowl the previous year
2007 - Shaun Alexander fractures left foot in Week 3 ...
2008- Vince Young suffered a quad injury that same year. Career has been spiraling downward ever since.
2009 - Brett Favre set career numbers in 2007 and was on the cusp of returning to the SB. He was retired when he was named cover boy, but then returned and he stunk it up the second half of the season for the jets throwing 22 INTs. He has become a huge joke since.
2010 - polamalu/Fitzgerald Polamalu suffers a knee injury in week 1. Fitz individually had a better year than most. Though he a brief leg injury scare against the niners that season. The NFC champion cardinals finished 5-11 ouch.
2011- Drew Brees threw 22 INT and the saints were ousted in the 1st round by one of the worst playoff teams ever statistically, the Seattle Seahawks.

2001 - Eddie George enjoys career year, until costly turnover leads to Titan's playoff exit, the very next year his number take a huge drop across the board.
2002 - Daunte Culpepper leads team to dismal 4–7 record before season-ending knee injury
2004 - Michael Vick fractures right fibula in preseason game, just one day after Madden is released; sidelined for season
2005 - Ray Lewis fails to post a single interception (after grabbing 6 the previous year), and injury forces him to miss the final game of the season; the Ravens also fail to make the playoffs after winning the division in the 2003–2004 season
2006 - Donovan McNabb suffers sports hernia in first game and undergoes season-ending surgery in November; T.O. feud escalates; Eagles finish 6–10 after reaching the Super Bowl the previous year
2008- Vince Young suffered a quad injury that same year. Career has been spiraling downward ever since.
2009 - Brett Favre set career numbers in 2007 and was on the cusp of returning to the SB. He was retired when he was named cover boy, but then returned and he stunk it up the second half of the season for the jets throwing 22 INTs. He has become a huge joke since.
2010 - polamalu/Fitzgerald Polamalu suffers a knee injury in week 1. Fitz individually had a better year than most. Though he a brief leg injury scare against the niners that season. The NFC champion cardinals finished 5-11 ouch.
2011- Drew Brees threw 22 INT and the saints were ousted in the 1st round by one of the worst playoff teams ever statistically, the Seattle Seahawks.

You failed to mention that Brees was secretly hiding an injury to his arm most of the season that hampered his play but was never going to go public about it until his season was over..sort of Brady-Like

Last edited:

Woodhead can break it. :)

Also, pretty much everyone of those players is the team's best player. Woodhead is one of the most loved players in the league. Even if the curse hit him, the pats lose a 3rd down RB, compared to franchise QB, RB, LB, SS, etc.

VOTE FOR WOOOODY

EDIT: If it was Brady I probably would not vote.

Last edited:
Woodhead can break it. :)

Also, pretty much everyone of those players is the team's best player. Woodhead is one of the most loved players in the league. Even if the curse hit him, the pats lose a 3rd down RB, compared to franchise QB, RB, LB, SS, etc.

VOTE FOR WOOOODY

EDIT: If it was Brady I probably would not vote.

This is true. Losing woody wouldn't have the impact of losing a franchise player. But I think we have a real opportunity here, If Patriot fans around the world vote for revis than we could cripple the jets defense. :D

This is true. Losing woody wouldn't have the impact of losing a franchise player. But I think we have a real opportunity here, If Patriot fans around the world vote for revis than we could cripple the jets defense. :D

I see your point, but could you atleast click the link, lol there are 32 players and each team has 1 player representing them.

The JEST is: Sanchize!

I don't know how you could curse someone who already sucks.

Agree with those who want a Jest on the cover. But I voted for Long over Sanchez. It would be hilarious if he lost to an OL.

Last edited:
I see your point, but could you atleast click the link, lol there are 32 players and each team has 1 player representing them.

The JEST is: Sanchize!

I don't know how you could curse someone who already sucks.

okay I took a look. Their best player is revis so I don't get that sancheck is the rep. But then again our rep is woodhead. The Sanchize doesn't need any help, the madden curse will have its easiest mark ever. (anybody see what I did there)

I believe in the madden curse and it effects either the player or the team. So I wouldn't ever vote for a patriot. I voted for all the best opposing players and/or teams I dislike.

How would the "curse" hurt the 12th Man if they won? Mass food poising during a game? Would the stadium collapse? Also, LOL @ Tim Tebow being the Bronco's representative.

Voting for the 12th man would send a pretty cool message to the NFLPA and owners during the lockout.

As much as I'm afraid of the madden curse, this would be so badass. Vote woodhead 2012!

How the heck are the candidates picked here? Brady unanimous MVP and no mention but you got a guy like jordan gross being considered? I dont get it

Sorry no, i don't want to curse him.

How the heck are the candidates picked here? Brady unanimous MVP and no mention but you got a guy like jordan gross being considered? I dont get it

I dunno, but I know they considered Matt Cassel for the cover of Madden '10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes