Welcome to PatsFans.com

Vote Tea Party Get The Rats Out

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +500 / 2 / -9

Mon Jun 7, 3:54 pm ET
    Is the tea party movement on the verge of more big political wins? On the eve of Tuesday's 10-state primary, two of the tea party's best-known candidates are surging in final polls and appear to be in good shape to win their respective GOP nominations.

Tea party contenders surge in S. Carolina, Nevada - Yahoo! News
  2. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -7

Great news. This virtually assures Harry Reid's reelection.

As for the tea party, the news isn't all peaches and cream:

Meanwhile:

Sorry, guys.
  3. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What poll has Obama above 50 percent???
  4. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -7

ABC/WaPo from yesterday.

Sorry, forgot the link: washingtonpost.com
  5. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

6. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -7

Well, that poll is known for being one of/the most accurate :)

I cite it only in response to the constant pronouncements by conservatives on this board of Obama's "plummeting" approval ratings over the past year. Now we can see that this was merely wishful thinking.

Looks like not only is his approval rating remarkably stable, but he's much more popular than either the tea party or the GOP. Truly extraordinary, given the economic situation.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +411 / 5 / -2

November can't come soon enough. I for one, am very excited about this years election. Not cuz there is some stand out candidate, but because it feels like the people are finally pissed off, and paying attention. At least a good chunk are. Enough so, where we may (and I stress may here) be beginning an era of political accountability, and principle. The wave is not relegated to one party, or political office. The wave of discontent is against the percieved establishment. My hope is that true leaders, bound by principle, are put into office to replace the corrupt, and inept, cronies who currently take up space in DC.
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

See you in November..!!
  10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Never mind Jack Got the results for 2008 Rasmussen was the most accurate, WaPo Abc was 14th

Below The Beltway Blog Archive Election 2008’s Most Accurate Poll

[URL="http://www.fordham.edu/images/academics/graduate_schools/gsas/elections_and_campaign_/poll]%20accuracy%20in%20the%202008%20presidential%20election.pdf"[/url]

[url="http://www.fordham.edu/images/academics/graduate_schools/gsas/elections_and_campaign_/poll]%20accuracy%20in%20the%202008%20presidential%20election.pdf[/URL]

Since Rasmussen is the most accurate let see where they have Dear Reader these days.

Strong Approve is at 25% Steong Disapprove is at 42%.
  11. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -7

Who is "Dear Reader"?

Rasmussen's tracking poll is a strong outlier, as you can see by comparing it to other tracking polls.

Here is the link to a methodological survey of pollsters that concludes ABC/WaPo is the most accurate poll after Field (which only polls in CA): FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: Pollster Ratings v4.0: Results

Sorry, guys!
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I'm all for 3rd, 4th or 5th parties. I'm all for voting OUT incumbants who arent doing the people's work. I'm all for term limits!

But where exactly are the Tea-Party people being pulled from? It looks to be angry republicans, MOSTLY.

Although I could see a number of democrats angry at this congress, for not pushing forth the agenda that they were voted in to move through, the President for his handeling of this current gulf crisis, and the way they, as a group, watered down health reform, and really gave the insurers (in the short term) more mandated customers.

I think you will ONLY see the Tea-Party be a valid political force, when they can sift away BOTH democrats and republicans, and form a core set of values other than "Less taxes, and less spending, and less government" because at the end of the day, those are NOT the core values of the democrats. At the current moment all the Tea-Party is really doing, is making the republicans weaker.
  13. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -7

I can't wait. I'm very much looking forward to seeing you fail to take back either chamber, and be resigned to another years with the grown ups in charge.
  14. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -7

Well, the good news is that it's about to start with the corporatist asshat Blanche Lincoln's impending loss in today's AR-SEN election.
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

You sound like Liberals after 7 years of Bush...seriously.

You need to look no further than Obama, and Scott Brown to understand that the Tea-Party is nothing short of BS....It will not change Washington...

Obama hasnt changed Washington...

The rules need to change, and revolution isnt voted in, revolution is when the people get fed up enough to rally...challenge and take over.

until then...its ALL BS!
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

The dear reader is of course the messiah opbama the man who reads the teleprompter and mumbles when asked to speak off the cuff.

As to methodology the FACT is that Reamussen nailed the vote in 2008, WaPo wasn't close so their methodology is irrelevant.
  17. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -7

a.) Pretty sure only (or, if not, the vast, vast, vast majority of those that do) Republicans refer to Obama as the messiah.

b.) Use of a teleprompter by the president is hardly unique to Obama.

c.) While he has had his moments of inarticulateness, he is still very conversant with policy minutiae and a very extemporaneous speaker as his debates, press conferences, and town hall events will attest.

Huh? Did this sentence make sense to you when you typed it?
  18. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +195 / 2 / -2

I don't expect Brown to change Washington, and I was skeptical of him when he was elected. But I have to admit, at least from the little I've read about him so far, he at least seems to do what he thinks is right, as opposed to just following in lockstep with the rest of his party.
  19. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -7

What's funny is that Orly Taitz, the so-called "Birther Queen," is poised to win the GOP nod for CA Secretary of State.

How embarrassing for the Republicans!
  20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +243 / 9 / -26

A dream come true...