Welcome to PatsFans.com

Vote Rudy

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by fleabassist1, Feb 23, 2007.

1. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Giuliani would be the best leader of our nation at this time. None of the other's are as qualified as him.
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +247 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Other than his support for killing babies, I'm OK with him. I certainly prefer him to the Democrat options who want to kill babies and do a lot of other bad things.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

4. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No hate at all, my man.

Of course it is, however....all the praise is just as opinionized. Its okay to look at both sides thats all.

Flea...what else do you like about him? I'm not sold, so sell me. "Giuliani would be the best leader of our nation at this time. None of the other's are as qualified as him." isn't doing it, thats just opinionizin'.... :)
  6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No thanks. Someone who is numb enough to put the center of emergency operations at the WTC although knowing that it was a top target...not a terribly smart man, IMO. He pulled at your heart strings on 9-11 and with his cutesy folksy style...but not competant to lead this nation.
  7. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Haha - Well, anything I say will be opinionized as well :p.

He is very moderate. I believe that a moderate would be the best solution to this problem. All 100% conservatives are ignorent, and all 100% liberals are ignorent. I hate how people put a tag on themselves and say that they are what the media tells them.

He was a governer. Why in the world would we put a senator into office? If you want the nation to be governed then, well... put in a governner. He is also a very successful buisness man with very good buisness ethics.

He served as a lawyer on high profile cases involving organized crime, and did a pretty good job imo. He is responsible for a large decrese of crime during his time as mayor of NYC.

Not only was he times person of the year of 2001, as well as knighted for his honorable actions during 911 and the way he ran the state - but he was also a figure of power and hope for the new yorkers.

Other then that, I agree with almost all of his political goals - minus gay marraige. He supports everything I do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_views_of_Rudy_Giuliani
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I used to think Rudi had Zero chance a couple of years ago when people mentioned his desire to run for president. To be quite honest, I thought it was a joke. Man, how times have changed. Now I honestly believe, 2 years out mind you, that he has as good a shot as anyone, and may actually be the front runner. Why? McCain, Edwards, Clinton, Obama, Romney, etc....

They all suck. :D
  9. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I don't mind Clinton - but I just do not think a woman senator would be fit enough to run our country.
  10. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I could live with Rudy, but I just don't go ga-ga as you do.

1) crime fell nationwide during his term, so was it he or the entire national trend

2) see above re: the emergency control center...critical mistake

3) not having adequate communications for his first responders led directly to many deaths that didn't need to be

4) his complicity in the post-911 air hazard coverup at ground zero will come back to haunt him by the time 08 comes around. By then, there may be thousands of sick instead of the hundreds now.
  11. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No thanks!
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

WOW! What a shock! We get to choose between the lesser of six incompetent, evil, or inexperienced candidates for president! I'm so excited!:eat2::woohoo:
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Which is exactly why my thinking he never had a chance, has moved to thinking he might be the front runner. :eek:

Still early though Wistah.
  14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I think the Republicans would have trouble holding onto the South if Guiliani was the nominee. He does not share the conservative social values of many southern Republicans, and for many traditional conservatives New York City epitomizes everything that's wrong with America.

[​IMG]
  15. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

He might have problems in the South in the primaries, but if he makes it into the general election, who else are they going to vote for? As much as the south doesn't like a New York Republican, they'll still like him better than Clinton or Obama.
  16. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

The religious conservatives won't vote and that would be enough to tip the balance, especially if the Democratic candidate has an enthusiastic following. Nonetheless, perhaps key to that race would be NYS. I think Hillary would win, though it would be close.
  17. iguide

iguide Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I respectfully disagree. Rudy supports gun control and gay marriage. I am adamantly opposed gun control. In addition, in no way shape or form do I support gay rights or marriages. All people should have the same amount of rights and not single out for special exceptions. Gay marriage is a sin. Marriage is to be between a man and a woman. If two people of the same sex love one another they should have the right to live together undisturbed. Not married.

I have the right to defend myself my home, my family, my property and the lives of other people that may have lives threatened with deadly force, if I need to. In addition I certainly believe in my right to keep and bear arms in defense of my being from my government. Not only that but my work is dependant on the right to keep and bear arms.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

The question is, who would they have trouble holding the south against? Do you honestly believe that Hillary would win in the south against Rudi? I think the south would show up in droves to vote against her. Would the south vote for a black liberal democrat in Obama? Edwards is from the south, so may do well, but he's also running on an extremely liberal, far left platform. Rudi would run on 9/11 in the South, and that might help him. See, to me, this election, were it held next week, would come down to match ups. I think certain candidates would fair far better against a specific adversary.
  19. PATRIOTS-80

PATRIOTS-80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

actually, not to contradict you ... but Rudy supports civil unions, but is against gay marriage.

What you said here
    is his position.
  20. PATRIOTS-80

PATRIOTS-80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

you're right ... here's some polls from Peoria, Iowa :)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/ia/iowa_republican_caucus-207.html