Welcome to PatsFans.com

Vote OUT Lindsay Graham

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, May 14, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Who does this guy think he works for? Do your part, patriots of South Carolina.

BLITZER: And the polls do back her up, Senator Graham. The American public wants the U.S. to set a timetable to get out of Iraq.

GRAHAM: Well, the people in South Carolina want me to use my best judgment, and I'm up for election in 2008. And if I'm not using the judgment that the people of South Carolina believe makes sense, then I'll lose my job. I'm very much willing to lose my job to make sure we don't lose this battle in Iraq, which is part of a global struggle against terrorism.

unamerican
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

As he said, he can be voted out next year. The job of Congressmen is to do what they think is right, not take a state poll before each vote.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

He should be voted out, his job is to do what he thinks the people from his state want, not his political party.

Hope you had a fun ride, Lindsay!
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I'm wondering if you feel the same way about Gay Marraige in Massachusetts? The people want a ballot initiative, the polls don't. Hmmm....
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

You know, I give the fugger credit. He's putting his job on the line for his principles, and completely acknowledges that. Good for him, even if it does cost him his job. To call his not wanting to loose in Iraq "unamerican" is wrong.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

He should run for President
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

NOBODY wants to lose in Iraq....

what is unamerican is a representative of the people, saying he doesn't care what they think...he is going to do what he wants, whatever his party wants.

I think being against a failed policy that we as a nation were lied into IS being american. Its funny to me that anytime someone speaks out against this administration's policy, they are told that they are not supporting the troops. Anytime you go against the short sighted commmander and his failed war, you are being unpatriotic.

We lost the war in Iraq the day that nobody listened to Colin Powell about the size of the invading force, that was 4 years ago. Our leaders are unpatriotic, sending our troops in with no clear abjective, no body armor and without the proper equipment to protect them from IEDs. Lindsay Graham should be ashamed of himself, yet some applaud him for sticking to his guns on this....sticking to principles. If Mr. Graham's principles are a failed policy, chasing ghosts, losing billions of dollars and having our soldiers become targets in a civil war....then he shares none of my values.

Vote NO on Graham in SC!
    Last edited: May 14, 2007
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

So you feel the same way about the Gay Marraige issue in Massachusetts then? The Mass. polls should be voted out, and are unamerican for ignoring the will of the people?

So nobody wants to loose in Iraq, yet we lost 4 years ago?

Like I was saying... :D
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yes, anytime a representative of the people is doing something not representative of the people, they are not doing their job (in my opinion)

and I don't want the United States to lose (one 'O') anytime anywhere, and that includes the world cup, olympics...etc. I'm on the side of 'victory' just because I don't agree with the president, doesn't mean that I am against the troops and pro-terroist.
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I'm not saying you are against the troops or pro-terrorist. I'm just curious as to how you can be for victory, and then say we lost a sentence later. Anyhow, so we can count on you to be in favor of the ballot initiative in Massachusetts. :D
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

The ballot initiative has nothing to do with me here in California....go nuts!

I understand that my statment may look contradictory, but it is not. I'll never be against an american victory. But since I believe we have already lost, what am I gunna do live in denial this whole time?

How much longer can .....lets say ..... a professional basketball team from say, Boston....keep the same GM and expect different results with the same losing formula.

The US needs a military Greg Oden.....that man is Governor of my state, arm him to the teeth and fly him to the middle east, what are we waiting for?
    Last edited: May 14, 2007
  12. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

BS, there are lots of people that want us to LOSE in Iraq. Not many perhaps, but there are some, TRUST ME.

Besides, If I saw correctly, your from CA. You really need not be concerned whats best for the people of the great state of South Carolina, which is one of the most conservative states in the union. I'm sure they are quite capable of deciding that for themselves, without the help of friendly Californians ;)
  13. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

YEA,President of the Mickey Mouse Fan Club.But that being said 99% of ALL politicians could run for this position
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Yea just what we need is another media whore who wants his 15 minutes of fame.. there are enough clowns running, although this one may fit the bill, ignore the will of the people and just do what he believes is right.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Nice cop out.

No, it's not contradictory to say you want victory in one line and then say we lost in the next. Nah...
  16. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

And how can you turn around and say that you want victory when you and your fellow republicans cant define what victory is?

What is victory? Be as specific as you can and no obfuscation please.

If we accept for a moment that we are not at war but rather are in an occupation of a nation in civil war, doesn't that change your over simplified black and white, smarmy view of things?
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

:rofl: Me and my fellow republicans. I'll see if I can get a specific answer for you at our next meeting. :rolleyes:

Victory is a self-sufficient, self-securing, freely elected government in Iraq. You know, something about geopolitical change in the ME. What is so difficult in understanding that? Of course, maybe you need to have a barometer in mind so you can later find ways to criticize. Nah...not you. You want us to succeed there afterall.

We're not at war? That's interesting. My views are oversimplified? Maybe I'm just trying to explain things in a manner with which people in here can understand. :D

You know, you remind me of some friends I have that constantly complain, but never offer any idea's. This stinks, why are we doing that, that's stupid, etc... It's always about how bad something is, but never about what should be done to make something better. You know, that point the finger in the other guys direction, as opposed to stepping forward and offering an alternative course.
  18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Murtha
    Pelosi
    Kerry/Gore
    Reid
    Wife Swapping Hollywood
    All of the sore losing Bush Haters
    Uncle Teddy
    Thousands Of College Professors