Reaction score
Cast your vote here @ NFL.com
Let's do this. This kid deserves it this week
Vote Now Vote often

Done.Actually voted three times....:).

He's leading with 57% after 444 votes.

Ok,I'm voting now

I voted. He is now leading with 55%.

If he doesn't win this week, this contest is a crock.

I cast my vote, he certainly earned it.

Interesting to see Richard Marshall, every Pats fan's pet db in the draft, on the list.

Voted! Hopefully Maroney will get it this week!

Brownfan80 said:
He's leading with 57% after 444 votes.
With 4% of precincts accounted for, Maroney declared winner. :rocker:

Doesn't that crack you up when they do that in political elections?

Voted 3 times. He is now at 49%.

It's down to 49 percent now -- If you haven't done it 'cos you think he's a shoe in (what IS that?*) do it now :D

* I had to know so I looked it up :rolleyes:
http://www.word-detective.com/100297.html#shoe-in.... you're absolutely right. "Shoo in," as it is properly spelled, was originally a racetrack term, and was (and still is) applied to a horse expected to easily win a race, and, by extension, to any contestant expected to win an easy victory. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the first use of the term in print dates back to 1928, and the original sense of the term was not as innocent as you'd think. A "shoo in" was originally a horse that was expected to win a race, not by virtue of its speed or endurance, but because the race was fixed. The sardonic "subtext" of the original usage, now lost, was that the designated horse would win even if it were so lackadaisical in its performance that it simply wandered somehow up to the finish line and had to be "shooed in" to victory.

Is now at 46 per cent. I was allowed to vote 10 times. Need to find another computer.

Hey Guys! do you like my signature? :D :D

I just voted 3 times. Maroney's leading with 42% with Colston at 28%.

I've voted as many times as I could on two computers. Maroney deserves this one. Colston had a great game too, but I gott give it to Maroney.

PS-fonsy I like you sig.

This is the 3rd consecutive week that Maroney has been nominated for Rookie of the Week.

lobster said:
This is the 3rd consecutive week that Maroney has been nominated for Rookie of the Week.

I find it hard to believe he was nominated after the Denver game. But he has been nominated 3 out of the 4 weeks this season.

Bump, voting still open. (Instructions even say "voters may vote up to 10x")

From an article on Maroney in today's Globe:
"He might be supremely confident on the football field -- he privately tells those close to him he's gunning for Rookie of the Year -- but his mother describes him as sensitive and fun-loving off the field."

Last edited:
Corey Dillon promised his brother he would be Rookie of the Year, and guess what, he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back