Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

the taildragger

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
how do you define greatness?

Brady - duh. Best player in the league at the most important and difficult position.

i was 100% you was going to make a poll...

it will be a battle between 3 in my opinion: Brady, Hannah and perhaps Haynes

Steve Nelson didn't make the list?

only had 10 slots. probably should've put an "other" category to capture gro, nelson, bru, harrison, law et al....

this team should probably be better represented...but whatever.

i picked TB based solely on his career to this point...not potential.

it's time for a "ring of honor" at Gillette!

I think you should only include PAST Pats. Including players who are still playing leaves too much uncertainty and just leaves too much room for expectation and speculation. Remove all current players and run it again.

SoCal Bong said:
I think you should only include PAST Pats. Including players who are still playing leaves too much uncertainty and just leaves too much room for expectation and speculation. Remove all current players and run it again.

I agree. I would also recommend adding a few others to the mix - namely Steve Grogan and Stanley Morgan. Everyone defines "greatness" differently. Good topic, BTW.

Hannah and Haynes both made the NFL 75th year anniversary team IIRC. However Brady has been the QB of 3 SB winners which is very rarified air. Depending on how the rest of his career unfolds, he could become the greatest QB in the history of the NFL.

Brady. Not just the fact that it's current, he's WHY we've won Super Bowls, more than any other player. To me there isn't even a question.

Klecko!!!! LMAO!!!

Brady. Period. :D

the taildragger said:
only had 10 slots. probably should've put an "other" category to capture gro, nelson, bru, harrison, law et al....

this team should probably be better represented...but whatever.

i picked TB based solely on his career to this point...not potential.

it's time for a "ring of honor" at Gillette!

Harrison one of the greatest pats ever? you have to be kidding me even to consider it.

the taildragger said:
how do you define greatness?

For a QB, anyway, I define greatness as consistently leading your team to the playoffs on a year-in/year-out basis AND leading your team to at least one championship.

Brady, Elway, Montana, Aikman, Bradshaw, and Staubach are examples great QBs.

Culpepper, McNair, Dilfer, Marino, and any QB with the last name of Manning (though some are "good" or "near-great") are examples of QBs that are not great.

Bill Belichick !
He masterminded the transition from Patsies to Champions

;)

Hog Hannah ... The only player on that list that was a Pat from start to finish AND made the HoF AND redefined the position AND is considered the best ever at his position.

1st Brady: 40 votes
2nd Hannah: 6 votes
3rd: nobody

for the moment...

You should have a spot for Grogan too, but its Brady by a long shot... who voted for Bledsoe???

SoCal Bong said:
I agree. People get blinded by what is, anf forget others. I am amzazed that Brady has so large a percentage of votes. Maybe they never saw Cappilletti play CB and WR, then kick the extra point after scoring.

I cannot believe someone voted for Bledsoe. :rolleyes:

For me this is a no brainer. It's Hannah. The primary reason I chose Hannah is because his greatness is defined by how he dominated his played position and for how extended a period of time he did so.

No other player on the list can boast of such long term domination to the degree that Hannah did. Quite frankly, it's not even close.

Bobs My Uncle said:
Quite frankly, it's not even close.

You're right...It's BRADY all day-every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back