Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Vote

Nominees for Week 16 FedEx Air & Ground Players of the Week
NFL.com

The NFL announced Monday that quarterbacks Tom Brady of the New England Patriots, Philip Rivers of the San Diego Chargers and Jay Cutler of the Chicago Bears are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on December 25-28, while running backs Jerome Harrison of the Cleveland Browns, Jonathan Stewart of the Carolina Panthers and Cadillac Williams of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week.

Be sure to vote above for the quarterback and running back you think are most deserving of this week's honors. Voting is open right here, on NFL.com/FedEx, from 9 a.m. ET on Tuesday through noon ET on Friday. The winners will be announced on Friday evening.

You’ll be voting for more than your favorite player! As part of the Air & Ground program, FedEx continues its support of Safe Kids USA -- a national non-profit organization that works to prevent accidental injury among children -- by making weekly $1,000 donations in the winning players' names

Strange he hasn't won one this season, especially considering he threw 5 TDs in one quarter against the Titans...

As I recall Marshall Faulk worked OT that week making the case that considering the opponent someone else was more deserving. I think Tommy has been nominated a couple of times, but the dual talking heads on NFLN tend to be intent on spinning the vote to their personal weekly choice.

That guy is such a clown.

So...Tom has been shut out for the season since someone (I'm never sure if the fan votes count although NE fans are usually too busy arguing about what's wrong with their team to vote or care about acknowledging our players as this thread again proves) decided that Jay Cutler deserved redemption for making one play to knock off lord Favre.

There seems to be almost an institutional bias developing against Tommy who has to break records to even merit attention around NFLN...he's the only guy whose performances I see pre-emptively put in context relative to opponent. Of course this past week his performance locked up a division, but in a league where the weekly QB leaders are all too often losers with tons of empty yardage stats born of failure...

The sad thing is I think this bias has been percolating since 2004 when the same mediots who decided Manning and not his RB's were deserving awarded Tommy's 3rd Superbowl MVP to the twig...

So...Tom has been shut out for the season since someone (I'm never sure if the fan votes count although NE fans are usually too busy arguing about what's wrong with their team to vote or care about acknowledging our players as this thread again proves) decided that Jay Cutler deserved redemption for making one play to knock off lord Favre.

There seems to be almost an institutional bias developing against Tommy who has to break records to even merit attention around NFLN...he's the only guy whose performances I see pre-emptively put in context relative to opponent. Of course this past week his performance locked up a division, but in a league where the weekly QB leaders are all too often losers with tons of empty yardage stats born of failure...

The sad thing is I think this bias has been percolating since 2004 when the same mediots who decided Manning and not his RB's were deserving awarded Tommy's 3rd Superbowl MVP to the twig...

To be fair, the Twig did set the SB record for receptions; likewise, a lot of folks felt Welker would have won had the Pats won SB42.

To be fair, the Twig did set the SB record for receptions; likewise, a lot of folks felt Welker would have won had the Pats won SB42.

He was able to do that because of the guy throwing him that rock... Of the two of them he's the one going to Canton. I really think the media was looking for any excuse not to bestow a third MVP in four seasons on a 6th round drift pick they were almost universally wrong about who was making it exponentailly more difficult based on playoff performances to annoint Manning the GOAT.

Why isn't Curtis Painter on the poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey