PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Von Miller Torn-ACL

Great news for the Pats. Maybe next year these teams can play at somewhat close to full strength.

Ugh. Here comes the boring Bengals/Seahawks Super Bowl now. "A defensive battle for the ages!" Blah.

Sucks for him, never like to see players go down. Especially with torn acls. In reality, Von Miller really shouldn't have been able to play at all this season with the drug test fiasco. But, he still doesn't deserve this. I don't really feel sorry for any other teams injuries after what the pats have gone through this season but, hopefully he comes back healthy next season.

In 2011 when Andre Carter went down we all felt that was a significant loss to this defense. No question the team missed his pass rush but obviously they made it to the SB w/o him.

Can DEN do the same? Sure. Miller is an exceptional talent but DEN also has players who can rush the passer like Phillips and Ayers.

What was interesting is that when Miller was in there, their pass defense improved but their run defense did not.

Will be interesting to see for sure.

Since when does defense matter in the new NFL. This impacts the Broncos but not as much as losing Welker or one of the Thomas's. They still probably win the AFC. I don't see this banged up Pats team keeping up with the #1 offense in NFL history. In the Super Bowl against San Fran that's another story. We will see.

Von Miller out for the season with torn ACL - Page 20

.And if I hear one more freaking time that "Gronk's out," or that Tom Brady deserves the MVP because he's doing much with so little, I'm gonna strangle myself.

Just think about this season for a minute...,

Von Miller suspended 6 games
Ryan Clady season ending IR
Derek Wolfe suffers serious neck injury- out entire season.
Champ Bailey - Lisfranc 13 games
Vickerson out IR after 4th game
Coach Fox - heart surgery, missed a month
Rahim Moore - could have died with leg injury
Wes Welker - missed several games with concussions
Von Miller out rest of season - ACL

This season has been filled with many, many obstacles and the Broncos continue on. The Patriots and Tom Brady aren't the only ones overcoming extreme diversity.

. its pretty amazing w/ all these injuries that we still can get the 1 seed...

. Sure he has it locked up? According to Pats fans Brady should win it of course. He's done more with less. Less TD's, yards and wins. Yup.

. I think what they mean to say is he's done much LESS with less.

These Bronco fans are hilarious. Manning had all his weapons for 12/16 games. Champ Bailey sucks now. Vickerson/Moore/Wolfe are average players at best. In total, they've lost two valuable players: Miller and Clady.

The Patriots have been affected by the war of attrition that is today's NFL as much as any elite team, and their resolve has been fun to watch.

Since when does defense matter in the new NFL. This impacts the Broncos but not as much as losing Welker or one of the Thomas's. They still probably win the AFC. I don't see this banged up Pats team keeping up with the #1 offense in NFL history. In the Super Bowl against San Fran that's another story. We will see.
It matters when you're in a close game in the playoffs and your defense needs a stop on 3rd down.

Pats and Broncos have been hit 1 and 2 in injuries in my opinion, it is remarkable they both are where they are. All starts with the QB, but both of our teams will have pretty significant depth issues come playoff time.

Those those dismissing some of the other injuries as "average" players...maybe so, but then you have to look at the replacements. AND consider that outside of Manning, Clady and Miller were our second and third most valuable players.

I think overall, the Pats have been hit a little harder, but Denver isn't in too much of a different boat. Losing two starting D-Lineman, the best linebacker in the league and a starting safety...most defenses would suck after that I think.

From the list of poor Broncos fans laments:

Coach Fox - heart surgery, missed a month.

How was this a problem? :confused: I'm serious. Forehead runs that team and we all know it. Fox should be out selling used cars, it's what he would be best at.

Pats and Broncos have been hit 1 and 2 in injuries in my opinion, it is remarkable they both are where they are. All starts with the QB, but both of our teams will have pretty significant depth issues come playoff time.

Those those dismissing some of the other injuries as "average" players...maybe so, but then you have to look at the replacements. AND consider that outside of Manning, Clady and Miller were our second and third most valuable players.

I think overall, the Pats have been hit a little harder, but Denver isn't in too much of a different boat. Losing two starting D-Lineman, the best linebacker in the league and a starting safety...most defenses would suck after that I think.

Pats were hit a "little harder". That's hilarious.

Get the hell out of here, you're only supporting the fact that Broncos fans are absolute idiots.

You have 234 posts on a team forum that you don't even cheer for? Do you have a life?

Get the hell out of here, you're only supporting the fact that Broncos fans are absolute idiots.

You have 234 posts on a team forum that you don't even cheer for? Do you have a life?

RYO is a solid poster. We should really be treating the quality fans of opposing teams with respect while they're here and save the antagonism for the trolls.

Personally, I think Von Miller is overrated and becomes invisible way more often than a player of his rep should. Having said that, Denver's worse off without him.

And RYO, you're cool, but in no way is Von Miller the best LB in the league.

RYO is a solid poster. We should really be treating the quality fans of opposing teams with respect while they're here and save the antagonism for the trolls.

He's a troll by attempting to compare the Broncos injuries to the Patriots (who are apparently affected just "a little" harder.) That's pure comedy.

He's a troll by attempting to compare the Broncos injuries to the Patriots (who are apparently affected just "a little" harder.) That's pure comedy.

Try decaf.

Having a difference of opinion isn't trolling. In this case, I'd call it homerism.

I can think of other teams that have taken a personnel beating, but I think the point here is that Broncos fans are maligning Patriots fans for noting their losses when, in fact, the Patriots have lost a lot more than the Broncos.

Gronk
Wilfork
Mayo

Those are all All-Pro players lost for the season, early on, due to injury.

Kelly was also lost for the season, early on, due to injury. Then we get to other starters lost for significant time (Vereen being the 3rd down back):

Amendola
Dobson
Thompkins
Vereen

That's not even counting the likes of Talib or Dennard, who missed games and are still dealing with those injuries even while playing, or Gregory, who broke his thumb, missed a little time, and is now playing while dealing with it. The value of players/games lost isn't really even close.

Also, for Broncos fans to try tossing out Von Miller's suspension when the Patriots have had the Hernandez situation is laughable.

Ya caught me...me and my .08 posts per day since 2006 on here are a great indication that my life is a mess. I don't mind mixing it up with fans from other other teams, especially the Pats since I live in Boston...

We've lost our 2nd and 3rd best players, 2 starters on the D-Line, a starting safety, etc. etc. Yes, I think the Pats have been hit harder. No, I don't think it's a giant difference.

Personally, I think Von Miller is overrated and becomes invisible way more often than a player of his rep should. Having said that, Denver's worse off without him.

And RYO, you're cool, but in no way is Von Miller the best LB in the league.

I haven't verified it myself, but I've heard VM's grades on PFF have been pretty solid for the most part this season. He's been consistently drawing double teams whenever I see him, and still usually has an impact on most plays. He put on some weight this offseason and I think it's messed with him a little bit, as he's been shaken up a few times this season, with this one being season-ending. For the most part, he's had a pretty big impact when he's played, though admittedly not as good as last year.

Give me top 5 LB? I'll settle for top 5.

If you're ranking the most significant season-ending injuries that either team has faced, by importance, the list should look something like this:

1. Gronk
2. Miller
3. Wilfork
4. Mayo
5. Clady
6. Vollmer
7. Kelly
8. One of Vickerson, Koppen, or Adrian Wilson. All matter, none are especially significant.

I'm sure I'm missing some, but both the Pats and the Packers have been hit orders of magnitude harder by injuries than the Broncos. I'd even put a handful of other teams, including the Falcons and Bears most prominently, ahead of the Broncos. Until yesterday, the Broncos had gotten off pretty light on the injury front compared to most other teams in the NFL.

To put it differently, the Pats have lost four all-pro caliber players, vs. two for the Broncos. Even after yesterday, it's still not close.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back