PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Voluntary workouts begin Monday 4/21 at Gillette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's the big guy with long hair at 23 seconds on the weights in the Patriots today video?

"Devin McCourty - Cornerback" erm...do Patriots Today know something we don't? :p

Ebner is jacked, I wonder if he can progress enough to play early down SS, he would lay the wood.

Regarding the video...
Is that Chandler Jones with the accountant glasses or is that Miguel snuck into the locker room?
Ebner has that Steven Segal vibe join' on.
It's good that TFB has football skills otherwise squeaky voice would be over in the nerd forum.

I want to try those neck machines that Revis and McCourty using.

Maybe I'm having a hard time deciphering everything on this new forum, but where is the link to this video everyone is speaking of?

Maybe I'm having a hard time deciphering everything on this new forum, but where is the link to this video everyone is speaking of?

Is at patriots.com , I think it's not possible to embed here, it's a proprietary stream, not like youtubes

Ah! My bad, thanks for enlightening me varjao, and thanks for the link jmt57. :)

That video made me miss being on a sports team.

Ebner is jacked, I wonder if he can progress enough to play early down SS, he would lay the wood.
He could if he took the proper angles but, unfortunately, he doesn't. Ebner is what he is: a strong special teams contributor. The only way he's on the field playing safety is if injuries absolutely ravage not only that position, but also CB.

He could if he took the proper angles but, unfortunately, he doesn't. Ebner is what he is: a strong special teams contributor. The only way he's on the field playing safety is if injuries absolutely ravage not only that position, but also CB.

Maintaing my Top 10 Homer status here.
Guys like Ebner with little football or positional experience might just benefit from a few pre-seasons of coaching to see if there is any positional talent. Yah, it's a reach but we had a wrestler learn to be an OG and we had Edelperson learn to be a WR. It didn't happen the 1st season. This 3rd year will see if Ebner goes the more likely Slater route, staying an ST guy or shows some utility at SS with resultant couple snaps.

Maintaing my Top 10 Homer status here.
Guys like Ebner with little football or positional experience might just benefit from a few pre-seasons of coaching to see if there is any positional talent. Yah, it's a reach but we had a wrestler learn to be an OG and we had Edelperson learn to be a WR. It didn't happen the 1st season. This 3rd year will see if Ebner goes the more likely Slater route, staying an ST guy or shows some utility at SS with resultant couple snaps.
I don't disagree that it's possible, but those guys that you mentioned were contributing at their positions in their first seasons and on from there. Ebner got his first live snaps on defense in Carolina last year. I don't see any more than a special team's contributor with Ebner. That's his role and he excels at it.

He hasn't been playing football all that long, he still has potential. He's got a high ceiling, a stud ST guy was his floor, his ceiling is much higher IMHO.

Ebner got his first live snaps on defense in Carolina last year.

Not technically correct. He was on the field for the Seattle game his rookie season, paired with Tavon Wilson after others went down. For all intents and purposes though that's the same thing, as when those two took over they got burnt for two long scores and lost the game.

Three large security guards and I had a bit of a heated debate this morning in Foxborough about the definition of the word "voluntary".

I kept trying to "volunteer" but they said the word didnt mean what I thought it meant. You'd think they've give more credence to the guy in the room with a college degree.. :mad:

And there was no cake. :(

The cake is a lie!

He hasn't been playing football all that long, he still has potential. He's got a high ceiling, a stud ST guy was his floor, his ceiling is much higher IMHO.
He played rugby before he came into the NFL, though, so he knows what is and isn't a proper angle to take. I'm not sure his ceiling is as high as you say it is. If it were, you would have seen him getting a lot more playing time at the position.

Not technically correct. He was on the field for the Seattle game his rookie season, paired with Tavon Wilson after others went down. For all intents and purposes though that's the same thing, as when those two took over they got burnt for two long scores and lost the game.
Aye. I fogot about that game. Thank you for the correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes