PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Voluntary workouts begin Monday 4/21 at Gillette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Road to four begins

Voluntary workouts begin today at Gillette

Other than Brady attending I have not heard who else in the building.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patr...offseason_workout_program_at_gillette_stadium
I think that this season, the names who are NOT there, will be more interesting than those who are. From what's been reported they expect virtually everyone. And the few who aren't there aren't a worry. IIRC Nate Solder trains in Colorado in the off season and the team is generally happy with his fitness.

About the only think worth noting from these workouts, IMO, is who wins the parking spots. I really am hoping Buchanon is a winner. It also wouldn't hurt to see a report on how jacked he's looking now that he's added 15 lbs to his skinny frame.

I think that this season, the names who are NOT there, will be more interesting than those who are. From what's been reported they expect virtually everyone. And the few who aren't there aren't a worry. IIRC Nate Solder trains in Colorado in the off season and the team is generally happy with his fitness.

About the only think worth noting from these workouts, IMO, is who wins the parking spots. I really am hoping Buchanon is a winner. It also wouldn't hurt to see a report on how jacked he's looking now that he's added 15 lbs to his skinny frame.

Didn't Cunningham win a parking spot or offseason award of some sort? I dont think it's a whole lot to look into, personally, anyone can work hard, but that doesn't mean they have the talent to compete at the NFL level unfortunately.

superbowl

Didn't Cunningham win a parking spot or offseason award of some sort? I dont think it's a whole lot to look into, personally, anyone can work hard, but that doesn't mean they have the talent to compete at the NFL level unfortunately.
Every is looking for some kind of indication that Buchanon is ready to make a 2nd year leap and become that #3 DE we are all looking for and so desperately need. The key word here is "indication". :rolleyes:

BTW- If the point of your Cunningham comment was do say that winning a parking spot is meaningless, you picked a bad example. After winning that spot, Cunningham was actually quite effective playing a rotational DE and occasional DT in passing situations.

In fact I've always thought that Cunningham was a better player, just one that became a man without a position when the Pats transitioned from a 3-4 to a 4-3. I always thought that Cunningham was best suited as a 3-4 strong side LB. And while he was just an average NFL talent, he could have been a decent piece to a defense if the Pats had stayed in a 3-4.

Yes, in 2012. It was the year most expected him to be cut and that, unfortunately for him, only came a year later.

Not completely related (but not worthy of a new thread), here are a couple of player appearances coming up:

Gostkowski Speaker Series

The popular Hall Speaker Series is back with a daytime version on Monday, April 21 -- Patriots Day -- at 2:30 p.m.

Patriots kicker Stephen Gostkowski will host the event in The Hall's Raytheon Theater. It is a special ticketed event ($25, which includes Hall admission and Speaker Series admission). Gostkowski will engage in a question & answer period followed by signing one autograph per person. Guests are permitted to bring one item to be signed or we will have pictures available.​

Twitter | Aaron Dobson

I'm headlining a #FootballCamp at Merrimack College in North Andover, MA July 7-10 http://footballcamps.com use promo code DOBSON17 to save!

Football Camps

Aaron Dobson and Aqib Talib with members of the New England Patriots at Merrimack College, July 7-10​

For what it's worth, a few key Pats/NFL dates in the off-season calendar:

April 21-May 4: Voluntary strength and conditioning program; other coaches cannot be present

May 5-May 25: Phase two of off season workouts, which includes on-field workouts, individual player instruction and drills, and team practices conducted on a 'separate' basis (i.e., no offense vs defense)

May 27-June 13: OTAs

June 17-19: Mandatory mini-camp

July 16: Rookies report to training camp

July 23: Veterans report to training camp

August 7: First preseason game

Cunningham did in 2012, last season these players won.
The Patriots' 10 offseason award winners include four of their captains and some of their best players: Tom Brady, Vince Wilfork, Jerod Mayo, Matthew Slater, Rob Ninkovich, Aqib Talib, Nate Solder, Dane Fletcher, Danny Amendola and Ras-I Dowling. Bill Belichick recognizes each player during a team meeting, and they all get front-row parking spaces with name plates at Gillette Stadium. The award is a symbold of hard work and attendance during the nine-week offseason program.

revis and browner are here

Anyone see the patriots today video about the start of team workouts?

Hightower looked massive compared to Chandler Jones; much thicker. And I knew Browner was big, but I didn't realize he was that big. He looks like a LB.

Three large security guards and I had a bit of a heated debate this morning in Foxborough about the definition of the word "voluntary".

I kept trying to "volunteer" but they said the word didnt mean what I thought it meant. You'd think they've give more credence to the guy in the room with a college degree.. :mad:

And there was no cake. :(

Last edited:
Anyone see the patriots today video about the start of team workouts?

Hightower looked massive compared to Chandler Jones; much thicker. And I knew Browner was big, but I didn't realize he was that big. He looks like a LB.

Didn't notice Browner in the video and I watched it twice

Where did you see that bit?

Didn't notice Browner in the video and I watched it twice

Might not be him then thought I saw him for a split second when they were doing the field stretches.. center with a backwards hat and a red and blue pats cut off

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes