PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vollmer needs to stay at LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be a better RT than Matt Light, but I trust Light to protect Brady's blind side better than Vollmer at this point. Don't get me wrong, Vollmer is awesome. But, as letekro said, Light has been dropping back on his left foot for almost ten years now. Moving him over to RT would be a bad idea. Vollmer, however, practiced at both spots and is certainly better than Kaczur is. When Light is healthy, Vollmer at RT FTW.
Yeah, I have to agree with KontradictioN. I don't think you can just flip Matt Light over to RT when he's played on the left side for over 10 years now. If you do, you better not expect to see the same Matt Light we're used to.

Move Vollmer over there. He's taken reps at both positions, and assuming he plays the right side as well he plays the left, that'd be a definite win-win situation for us.

Keep in mind that Vollmer has only started a few games and opponents haven't caught up to his strengths and weaknesses yet. Just ask Mark Sanchez how much of a difference that can make.

No. It goes like this: Light @ LT > Vollmer > Kaczur @ RT.

Light is overrated imo.... I rather groom Vollmer into his new position (LT) because he is becoming one of the best at it.

Yeah, I have to agree with KontradictioN. I don't think you can just flip Matt Light over to RT when he's played on the left side for over 10 years now. If you do, you better not expect to see the same Matt Light we're used to.

Move Vollmer over there. He's taken reps at both positions, and assuming he plays the right side as well he plays the left, that'd be a definite win-win situation for us.

Keep in mind that Vollmer has only started a few games and opponents haven't caught up to his strengths and weaknesses yet. Just ask Mark Sanchez how much of a difference that can make.

On top of that, I'm pretty confident in saying that Vollmer would be better than Kaczur at the position. We could put a screen door in at RT and it would probably be better than Kaczur.

Vollmer might be a good LT in time but now our line moves left to roll help to Vollmer. For the light critizism the funny thing is he is on an island most of the time. their is enough trust on light to say we can leave on a island for 60 offensive plays and he might get beat 2-3 times. In vollmer case their is a consious presence to help him. mankins watches and provides inside help . RB or TE help is also given.

Now we wonder why we roll help left and the right side suffers. !!! doh because instead of the RB or FB or TE supporting to help the struggling side they are already made their mind to help vollmer.

our running game has sufferred a bit after light wentdown as him and mankins are very atheletic and light leds mankins do some downfield blocking.
its not a big suprise we cannot run the ball as we lose 1 offensive blocker as some has an assignment to help vollmer incase of issues.

Last edited:
Vollmer might be a good LT in time but now our line moves left to roll help to Vollmer. For the light critizism the funny thing is he is on an island most of the time. their is enough trust on light to say we can leave on a island for 60 offensive plays and he might get beat 2-3 times. In vollmer case their is a consious presence to help him. mankins watches and provides inside help . RB or TE help is also given.

Now we wonder why we roll help left and the right side suffers. !!! doh because instead of the RB or FB or TE supporting to help the struggling side they are already made their mind to help vollmer.

our running game has sufferred a bit after light wentdown as him and mankins are very atheletic and light leds mankins do some downfield blocking.
its not a big suprise we cannot run the ball as we lose 1 offensive blocker as some has an assignment to help vollmer incase of issues.

Kaczur being the weak link is not Vollmer's fault. And it is natural to roll more protection to the blind side against Freeney, one of the league's elite defensive ends. Kaczur was doing alright in the first half but by the second half he was getting plain beat by Mathis, and the Pats could not get their offense rolling like in the first half with that much disruption/pressure.

I really doubt that they leave Light on an island against Freeney as often as you suggest. Particularly with a passrusher like Freeney. Show me the film and I'd believe you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back