PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vollmer almost got Brady killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was an awesome, veteran play by Peppers. On the play, his blockers are blind. They can only read Peppers and go off of their internal clock. Around the time Peppers quit on the play most tackles would be thinking about how long a play it is. Peppers stops fighting, tackle assumes play is over and Peppers wins.

Just another example of how pass rushing is a heady piece of the game.

Play until the whistle is blown. Especially when your QB's still in the pocket and already injured.

i guess your talking about the play that peppers hit brady it was not a sack but brady got hit

brady run to the left looking for a open WR and i guess vollmer did not know how fast peppers is and stoped blocking him thinking he was out of the play

but wilcome to the NFL rookie where 6'6 300lbs men can run a 4.4 40

he is much better at run blocking but he did a good job

This is the Vollmer -SS-....... I am here to take away the criticizers.:D

They are wrong and need to be silenced.

Last edited:
Play until the whistle is blown. Especially when your QB's still in the pocket and already injured.

Playing until the whistle is fine and well, but it really doesn't apply in the pros. These guys aren't playing in some highschool tin can where a teamate's girlfriend is the loudest thing here. Think about trying to hear the whistle in a freaking stadium when you're gassed, have a helmet on, and are trying to block the best defensive lineman on earth.

If anyone besides Maroney and Welker deserve game balls it's Vollmer. Kaczur was getting pushed back as usual and the line settled down when he came in. Brady was getting an extra 1/2-tick when he was in there. Kaczur came back in briefly in the 2nd half and he was getting hammered again. Vollmer came back and the team had nice composure when he was in there.

It IS Vollmers fault.

It's one thing if he were blocking and just got beat after 10 seconds...

But what happened was he got help and stone walled the rusher, then completely gave up on the play and let the rusher run right past him and put Brady into the ground. He didnt get beat, he literally just stood there and let Peppers run by him.

Ofcourse you think it's no big deal because Brady got right back up... but a clean hit like that couldve put Brady out for the season considering his ribs are already injured.. What would you be saying then?

So you would rather have Kaczur in there ... :ugh:

So you would rather have Kaczur in there ... :ugh:

Did I even mention Kaczur ONCE in my post? LOL homers....

I like Vollmer alot but it was a horrible play on his part. If that hit ended Bradys season you'd all be crying on here about how much of a knucklehead play it was from Volmer.

That was an awesome, veteran play by Peppers. On the play, his blockers are blind. They can only read Peppers and go off of their internal clock. Around the time Peppers quit on the play most tackles would be thinking about how long a play it is. Peppers stops fighting, tackle assumes play is over and Peppers wins.

Just another example of how pass rushing is a heady piece of the game.

this is spot on.

Brady held the ball WAY too long.

BTW Vollmer handled peppers on the play.

If he had eyes in the back of his head I could see it being a problem, but Brady was on the move and Vollmer had no idea what was going on until he turned around.

I like Vollmer alot but it was a horrible play on his part. If that hit ended Bradys season you'd all be crying on here about how much of a knucklehead play it was from Volmer.

he's a rookie ... get a clue!

Brady is mostly injured due to Kaczur

... watch the games a little closer and stop just watching where the ball goes.

Last edited:
No but you infer that when you complain about one play that was just a rookie mistake. Kaczur would have been bull rushed right into Brady.
That doesn't happen to Vollmer.

Brady gets hit from the result of poor play of any of our lineman.
If you like Vollmer it sure doesn't show.

No but you infer that when you complain about one play that was just a rookie mistake. Kaczur would have been bull rushed right into Brady.
That doesn't happen to Vollmer.

Brady gets hit from the result of poor play of any of our lineman.
If you like Vollmer it sure doesn't show.

I think VanDrake is Kaczur's mother. :rolleyes:

Think about trying to hear the whistle in a freaking stadium when you're gassed, have a helmet on, and are trying to block the best defensive lineman on earth.

Hold on, now I am confused. How could he be the best defensive lineman on earth when he didn't get any sacks against the worst offensive line on earth?

:rolleyes:

First of all, I don't think Brady was even touched on the play. Second of all, the right side of the line has been awful all year and most of the hits on Brady have come from that side. Vollmer has played outstanding as a rookie, with help or not. There is no question the line is much better with him in there, especially if it comes at Kazur's expense.

First of all, I don't think Brady was even touched on the play. Second of all, the right side of the line has been awful all year and most of the hits on Brady have come from that side. Vollmer has played outstanding as a rookie, with help or not. There is no question the line is much better with him in there, especially if it comes at Kazur's expense.

Ok, first.... Brady was hit on the play.

Second, Vollmer's played ok, not outstanding, and, on the separate issue, the left side has been the weak link in a lot of the line's issues.

Third, there is "question". Obviously. Now, if Vollmer can adjust to the right side and Kaczur misses a game or two, Vollmer may be able to overtake Kaczur on that right side this season. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Ok, first.... Brady was leveled.

Second, Vollmer's played ok, not outstanding, and the left side has been the weak link in a lot of the line's issues.

Third, there is "question". Obviously. Now, if Vollmer can adjust to the right side and Kaczur misses a game or two, Vollmer may be able to overtake Kaczur on that right side this season. Time will tell.

I think up the middle has been the biggest problem the OL has had. This year most of the time Brady has been pressured it has came from up the middle, rather from either side.

I think that whenever we have a healthy Vollmer, Light and Kaczur again BB will imply the same system that he did today before Kaczur was hurt, with Vollmer rotating between LT and RT

We need to get Neal back and you'll see major improvements on the right side. If he (well the OL in general) is healthy for the playoffs I'll be happy.

We need to get Neal back and you'll see major improvements on the right side. If he (well the OL in general) is healthy for the playoffs I'll be happy.

Yes I agree. I dont know if we have played a game this season that we have had all of our starting OL from the beginning of the year + Vollmer active.

I haven't looked at it in a game or two so there may have been a change, but the last time I'd checked, the numbers for the running game were clearly better center-right than they've been center-left.

Having just looked at the numbers for Maroney, it continues to be the case, at least for him:

Wide right: 3.5
Right: 4.1
Middle: 5.6
Left: 3.1
Wide Left: 2.7

Laurence Maroney - New England Patriots - Situational Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I haven't looked at it in a game or two so there may have been a change, but the last time I'd checked, the numbers for the running game were clearly better center-right than they've been center-left.

Having just looked at the numbers for Maroney, it continues to be the case, at least for him:

Wide right: 3.5
Right: 4.1
Middle: 5.6
Left: 3.1
Wide Left: 2.7

Laurence Maroney - New England Patriots - Situational Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Yes but pass protection wise it seems the right side hasn't been holding up as well. I see Brady struggling alot less if Neal gets back in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back