Welcome to PatsFans.com

Vitamin News for Patriot Reign

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Feb 9, 2009.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +371 / 3 / -15

I have read studies from every side of public opinion on vitamin use. There is no conclusive evidence that proves anything because there are too many factors for a true controlled study to be done.

Things like genetics, diet, excercise and stress levels are not controlled in these studies. And if you think about it, science will never find enough similar humans to perform a controlled study.

This we do know...food lacks the nutrition it once did. Most fruits and vegetables are grown in nutrient depleted soil and are the result of genetically engineered species. This is true whether we're discussing plants or animal foods.

Secondly and most importantly, taking vitamins and supplements is part of a healthy lifestyle. Users have nothing to lose by taking them and the positive attitudes gain through such a lifestyle could be just as beneficial as if vitamins cured disease.

If you know someone who leads a healthy lifestyle of good eating, excercise and vitamins, you probably notice that the quality of their life is typically better than those who eat crappy are lazy and don't take vitamins.

These stories don't don't affect vitamin sales. The LA Times recently published a similar article and it had no effect upon sales.
  3. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

supplements are extremely important.

finding the legit herbs/vitamins and the legit brands are key though ;-)
  4. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

There are tons of fillers and bs... I know this.

I marketed my own brand for awhile.

There ARE some companies out there in the market place that are rip off arteests.

There are also legit honest ones as well.

Petro chemicals are in many of the pills, fwiw...

And, obviously they are NOT healthy for you.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +500 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

So do you have a link to the best, most well digested multi vitamin for us PR ?
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

This is only anecdotal, but had pneumonia for 3 years in a row.. then started a daily regimen of a good vitamin.. perhaps it is mind over matter.. but have not had pneumonia since. Now I take the whole foods multi and knock on wood..
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

I had an uncle in Florida who was a vitamin freak and sold vitamins. When he turned 85, he went before a Miami licensing board (a new law had required him to get a license to sell vitamins). The board was so impressed with his vitality that all 6 members ordered some vitamins from him. I try to take a basic multivitamin every day especially in winter, and do feel the difference when I forget.

BF, go to a health food store and ask for a vitamin you can take on an empty stomach; they'll recommend something that's easy on the digestive system. I take these, which are sold under name Cambridge Naturals by my local health food store:

Vitamer Laboratories
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +371 / 3 / -15

I'm not going to mention the name of the company I work for except to say that we now have several vitamins in liquid gelcap form...including multi vitamins.

Liquids and powders are the best forms to take as the are 100% absorbed into your body. I am not an expert on nutrition and supplementation. I am a market analysts/forecaster for my company, so I do not want to mislead anyone here.
  9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,023 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

One thing is almost certain ... if you spend on the front end and buy a multi vitamin high in minerals and you possibly will save on the back end :cool: by using way less butt wipe. Those minerals make some good hard poop :eek: I must admit. We're not talking a deuce either like RW talks about. A good mineral laced multi will get you a triple one pass ... better than a deuce.
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +500 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Mention the name, man, jesus - we're all "friends" here, a mere mention of a vitamin company, when prompted, is acceptable :)
  11. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +371 / 3 / -15

12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +500 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Thanks, yeah, I see them all over - I'll have to look into the liquids and powders. Right now I just take a cheap, generic multi vitamin. I'm not the healthiest eater with respect to vitamins so I figure I can at least try it this way :)
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +648 / 2 / -9

Nature Made (Multi For Him 50+) No Iron.

Been taking them for years, makes me feel 75 again.
  14. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I use the flax seed oil gel caps from Nature Made, good stuff.
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +501 / 6 / -2

An apple a day, keeps the doctor away? :confused2:
  16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +371 / 3 / -15

Ahhhh SHAAADDDUUUPP! Who asked you?!!:D

BTW....that apple has about half the nutrients it did 40 years ago and includes multiple chemical additives and some genetic altering (unless you buy organic apples).
  17. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -3

#24 Jersey

I work in healthcare and am an expert on all things medicinal and holistic. Thorne is probably the best vitamin brand you can get. And these studies are bogus because all vitamins are not created equally. For example, let's take Vitamin-E. Most Vitamin E sold at crappy stores is dl-alpha tocopherol, which is garbage. D-alpha tocopherol is very much superior. The better brands (Carlson, for example) carry d-alpha tocopherol. However, really excellent Vitamin E supplements contain a mixture of tocopherols(alpha, delta, gamma) as well as tocotrienols. I can guarantee you that these studies are not using this type of E. All vitamins seem to follow this pattern. You literally get what you pay for. Do your research before wasting your money.
  18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +371 / 3 / -15

Check out our website and let me know what you think of our brand.