PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Visitors can bring their own balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
Until recently policy dictated that only the home team's quarterbacks could control their condition. Now, in a low-profile wrinkle approved by the league at the recent owners meetings, visiting quarterbacks will be throwing balls they like, too. Each team will bring 12 balls that will be stamped with the team name. Officials will get them before the game, inspect them for approval, and pass them along to the sideline officials before the game begins.
-- The Tennessean
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/04/07/truth.rumors.nfl/1.html

Sorry, just couldn't pass up such a thread title. :p

Better they play with their own balls than somebody elses. The other person may get offended.

That can put away any potential controversy for the Colts when they come her next, get their ...ses kicked and blame it on the Balls or something ludicruous.

There has been a few playoff games recently when Peyton Manning didn't have any balls of his own.

12 balls for 53 men, plus the coaching staff?

Do some teams have that many??

milwaukeebeers44 said:
12 balls for 53 men, plus the coaching staff?

Do some teams have that many??

Just a few players on each team play with balls(including coaches)the rest play with rocks or marbles!:D

Weird. In college we always played with our own balls.

Man, this thread is going down the Cheerleader road.

...and that's a good thing. :cool:

Michigan Dave said:
Weird. In college we always played with our own balls.

Are you blind or do you have hairy palms?

Willie55 said:
Are you blind or do you have hairy palms?

Blind. I have to thank PatsFans.com for being the leader in braille Patriots Message Board technology. Despite 4 years of playing with my own balls, no matter where I was, home or road, I definitely wish I had put in more time. Had I known that in the NFL I could've had someone else play with my balls for 1/2 of the time, well, that there is what we call incentive.

footballlowblow.jpg

this guy brought his balls to the game and left them there.

When I was a kid we played many...many pickup tackle football games in a field we made.

One of the kids came into the world only having 1 ball...he was the best RB of all of us...hmmmm...anyways, we used to call him "ONE-NUT"....and good ole' One-Nut could juke with the best of them.

Sometimes some parents would watch us play...funny seeing their faces when we yelled..."GO ONE-NUT". My mother asked me if being crazy was good for a runner....ummmm...sure Ma...something like that.:)

Logan Mankins played with another guys balls last year and was punished for it.

F.B.N. said:
When I was a kid we played many...many pickup tackle football games in a field we made.

One of the kids came into the world only having 1 ball...he was the best RB of all of us...hmmmm...anyways, we used to call him "ONE-NUT"....and good ole' One-Nut could juke with the best of them.

Sometimes some parents would watch us play...funny seeing their faces when we yelled..."GO ONE-NUT". My mother asked me if being crazy was good for a runner....ummmm...sure Ma...something like that.:)
Funny, I grew up with a kid who lost one in a bicycle accident. You'd think he'd have the same nick name, but no.... alas, we called him Good Ol' Stichbag.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Funny, I grew up with a kid who lost one in a bicycle accident. You'd think he'd have the same nick name, but no.... alas, we called him Good Ol' Stichbag.

:eek: Stichbag :eek:
:rofl:

I see now in my middle years
how truly creative and cruel we were.
But it was good...it was real, real good.
Even the kids with those horrible names
They were cool with it...their names were badges of honor.

Well, there was one exception...being called Fudge was never good, ever.

When I played football we had a guy who unexpectedly turned around on his way to the showers just as another guy was giving him the old wet towel cheek snap! After he finally came to and he eventually recovered from the accident for weeks we ended up calling him "The Big Nut" because one was normal and the other almost the size of a softball. They had to have a custom jock cup made for him so he could continue playing football.
:) :)

Last edited:
F.B.N. said:
:eek: Stichbag :eek:
:rofl:

I see now in my middle years
how truly creative and cruel we were.
But it was good...it was real, real good.
Even the kids with those horrible names
They were cool with it...their names were badges of honor.

Well, there was one exception...being called Fudge was never good, ever.
Fudge with Nut(s) .... :eek:

This was Peyton's idea and now has has Brady working with him on this.

I don't know why Tom agreed. He has always shown a lot of them during the playoffs. Peyton on the other hand, has been the one lacking them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes