PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Visanthe Shiancoe returns to practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about myron pryor?

the pats need to replace the fat guy....I forgot what his name is.....

So what about Jake Ballard?? He was only on the PUP, right??

So what about Jake Ballard?? He was only on the PUP, right??

He's on PUP too but from what I have read about his injury I would be very surprised if he plays this year. With the other options at TE for this season there's not as much need for him to play this year; they'd be better off making sure he's fully recovered rather than risk further injury.

It's gonna be bye-bye for Hoo-Hoo, I think

Unless Fells has another injury then I would think the Michael Hoomanawanui era will end once Shiancoe is ready to play.

That would make the folks at the Pro Shop very happy. Apparently, they've been having a devil of a time trying to fit his name onto the backs of jerseys, T-shirts, etc. :cool:

Hopefully coming out of the Bye week they'll have it figured out, and hopefully Shiancoe can add one more receiving option to the list of weapons.

He's on PUP too but from what I have read about his injury I would be very surprised if he plays this year. With the other options at TE for this season there's not as much need for him to play this year; they'd be better off making sure he's fully recovered rather than risk further injury.

wasnt it a torn acl? i think they claimed him knowing he wouldnt be available this year...but couldnt really pass up the opportunity.

it also makes sense from a contract perspective NOT to bring him back this year.

Last edited:
wasnt it a torn acl? i think they claimed him knowing he wouldnt be available this year...but couldnt really pass up the opportunity.

it also makes sense from a contract perspective NOT to bring him back this year.

Would NOT count Ballard out for the late and post season run. It has been nearly 9 months since the ACL injury and with many players returning now from the same injury after only 6 months, chances of his return are quite likely. Both Welker and mankins returned in less than 6 months. Ballard haveing 9 or 10 months to heal and return is likely... I plan on seeing Gronk,AH,Shiancoe,and Ballard on the field at the same time before this season is over, with Ridley or Vereen in the back field.....This set run out of the no huddle hurry up will take the NFL by storm...

Would NOT count Ballard out for the late and post season run. It has been nearly 9 months since the ACL injury and with many players returning now from the same injury after only 6 months, chances of his return are quite likely. Both Welker and mankins returned in less than 6 months. Ballard haveing 9 or 10 months to heal and return is likely... I plan on seeing Gronk,AH,Shiancoe,and Ballard on the field at the same time before this season is over, with Ridley or Vereen in the back field.....This set run out of the no huddle hurry up will take the NFL by storm...

I would prefer Gronk, Shiancoe, Ballard, Welker. With AH out of the backfield :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes