Welcome to PatsFans.com

Violent left attacks Tea Party peaceful demonstrator again

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Jun 10, 2010.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2010
  2. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

Your link is screwy.

But "time and time again"?
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +612 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Is it possible for nerds and goobers to also be thugs ... :confused2:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Sorry the link is corrected. By time and time again this is the 5 or 6 time that Tea party protesters have been physically assaulted by lefties.
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

It was obvious that the man in the video was looking for trouble. For some strange reason, he seemed angry even before he attempted to engage these demonstrators in conversation. If we think about it rationally, there is never a reason to be that angry about someone else's opinion. When you get right down to it, there is nothing any of us can do about somene else's opinion...except to swallow hard and except it fully.

Personally, I think it's sad that some people will support a POTUS no matter what. That goes for those who supported George Bush and the continuing trend by those who voted for Obama as well.

Even more disturbing are African-Americans who see any attack upon Obama's policies as wrong because he is "Their guy". This is mind-boggling to say the least and I doubt anyone can explain it using basic common sense and rational thought.

No one should unilatterally support a POTUS based upon anything other than their policies and their actions. Anyone care to debate this point?
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  6. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Doesn't make for an interesting thread, but no, I can't debate that point. I agree completely. Though I really am not a fan of Obama, he seems like a fine guy personally. I disagree with a lot of his politics and some of his methods, but I really don't doubt the man's intentions. But I try to separate the two.

As I've said about 400 times here, I think it's really sad that we're so polarized that we immediately see those in a party we disagree with as violent, racist, dumb, evil, or anything else negative and demeaning.
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

While there are isolated incidents by both the left and the right --

Severed gas line found at home of Perriello brother | Charlottesville Daily Progress

YouTube - Tea Party Violence: Teabagger Tries To Kill Man With Obama Bumper Sticker) --

the big difference is that the Tea Party's message is largely about using the long arm of big government to discriminate against blacks (bring back pre-1964 racism in private business), Latinos (engage in racial profiling to identify illegals), gays (deny them gay marriage), women (let the government regulate their reproductive rights), and so on. So, while the Tea Party is a threat to fundamental American freedoms, the left (except for a tiny fraction that's about as significant as right wing extremists, such as the KKK and Nazis) does not represent such a threat to human rights.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Which one is it...fifth or sixth? You might be right, and I don't know what difference it makes, but you should at least try to back up your claim. So far you show one.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

When the real violence comes it won't be Right vs Left it will be among the different third world cultures that is how they solve all of their problems, America has it's share of Historical Racism but as America's Third World Immigrant population grows they will show you what Real Racism is towards "each other" the Third Worlders don't even know the meaning of "civil rights" and they don't want to.
  10. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You really are out in left field are you. The Republicans are the ones who most strongly supported Civil Rights legislation and continue to support candidates of all genders and minorities.
  11. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +346 / 6 / -7

LOL.

Terrific argument. After all, Abe Lincoln was a Republican and he freed the slaves!
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I wonder if he really believes it? If he grew up in the Reagan era, perhaps that's really what he learned (which is sort of frightening). Think he can provide a list of the famous white Republicans active in the civil rights movement. (I know there are some black Republicans, but black Republicans in the south were closely allied with Democrats on all national policies.)
  13. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

Patters, I think you're exaggerating things just a bit here...

I'm skeptical of the tea party's "platform" and viability, but I don't think this is the thrust of their message at all
  14. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Republicans have always been at the fore regarding civil rights; we've always been more about individual liberty than the "liberals" -- you just refuse to believe it so you can push your "conservatives are racist" ramblings. Check the below, it also addresses the who "Southern Democrats just became Republicans" lie.

Republicans and Civil Rights
  15. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Did you read a Texas high school History book to get this insight. Whops News max now theres a reliable source. :rolleyes:
  16. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

Does the linked article go on to make an unbiased, fact-based argument? Because given the source and its start, it appears highly biased.

As for the Republicans and individual rights, why does the republican party have so much of a problem currently with equal rights for homosexuals, and with legalization of marijuana? Doesn't really sound like a party of "individual liberty" to me (not that the Dems are, either).
  17. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

To summarize the article, in the 1940s Republicans failed to pass legislation on civil rights and, Dewey if he had been elected, would have been as liberal as Truman on on integrating the military. Not too impressive, if you ask me. The part about Republican support for Civil Rights is a little more valid, especially because the author admits the Dixiecrats eventually went over to the Republican Party. But, the fact is that the only party that has gotten things done in terms of Civil Rights is the national Democratic Party. Now, about Lincoln, he was a liberal, sort of like Obama, having to contend with the truly left-wing Radical Republicans, who wanted to extract more concessions from the defeated south.
  18. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Most of us are for civil unions -- as for marijuana, I don't really have a problem with it but that might be libertarian of me... oh wait, the libertarians who are at the forefront of legalization... who do they usually side with?
  19. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The whole basis of the "Republicans are racist" mantra comes from the 64 Civil Rights act. If there's another source for it, aside from opinions and hearsay, I'd love to see it.
  20. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +157 / 2 / -2

civil unions don't offer the same rights marriage does, and it brings up the question of why make the distinction at all

IMO, both issues show the Republicans putting things like the status quo, religion (their own, of course), fear and prejudice ahead of individual rights

as for libertarians, they don't usually side with either party. On economic issues they'll align more closely w/Republicans. On social issues they'll align more closely w/Dems. Neither major party cares about small government or individual rights.