PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vincent Brisby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beleive that Bledsoe was being rushed ,he wanted Brisby to come back for the ball,or his route was something like that,he didnt,Bledsoe got smoked and he was pissed.I remember him going after Brisby,something you didnt see a lot from Bledsoe.Dont remember who they were playing ,or if they won.Does that sound right or is my memory failing ?

brdmaverick wrote that it was 1997 Pats @ Jax

So did Singleton, and if I recall correctly he was pretty decent for them.

God, don't try to salvage a second of Chris Singleton's horrific career.

Brisby was okay, nothing special. Bledsoe, like Brady, was stuck with a bunch of #2-3 receivers, until she came along...

Brisby didn't "get it".

Brisby was a big underachiever. He had all the physical tools to succeed at WR in the league, but couldn't handle criticism and had a bad attitude. In one preseason game, Brisby fumbled twice and Parcells yanked him. Brisby then whined to Tuna that he didn't have confidence in him. Parcells responded by saying, "Why should I? You give the ball away to the opposition." In a game against Tuna's Jets, the 6'1" Brisby didn't even try to fight for the ball in the endzone against 5'9" Aaron Glenn and it resulted in an INT. The Pats lost that game.

Never liked Brisby. Every season I waited for him to break out, but he never did.

FWIW, he fathered a kid at 16.

Anyone know what Vincent is up to these days?

Last edited:
Wow....for a minute there I thought Belichick was re-signing Brisby and cutting Welker :eek:

...Phew!!

Wow....for a minute there I thought Belichick was re-signing Brisby and cutting Welker :eek:

...Phew!!

That's silly.

Michael Timpson is Welker's replacement. Brisby is too tall.

That's silly.

Michael Timpson is Welker's replacement. Brisby is too tall.

Heh....... and NO!!!!!!! :rocker:

But I'd take a cloned Stanley Morgan in a heartbeat.

Fryar was my favorite Pat then, i was disapointed that he went to Miami of all teams.

I was a kid during this time, but I was always a fan of Shawn Jefferson.

Haha that was a nice jog down memory lane. The 1994 Patriots are one of my favorite Pats teams of all time. The leading rusher that year (Marion Butts) averaged under 3 yards per carry. Nothing but JAGs at WR. Defense ranked in the bottom 11. Still somehow rattled off 7 straight to make the playoffs

Last edited:
Haha that was a nice jog down memory lane. The 1994 Patriots are one of my favorite Pats teams of all time. The leading rusher that year (Marion Butts) averaged under 3 yards per carry. Nothing but JAGs at WR. Defense ranked in the bottom 11. Still somehow rattled off 7 straight to make the playoffs

Yes, memory lane can be fun. The '96 team is the one that is near and dear to my heart.

Super Bowl appearance after an 0-2 start.

Two classic comebacks at New York (21-0 to Jets, 22-0 to Giants).

And wow, what an offense we had.....

Drew Bledsoe
Curtis Martin
Ben Coates
Terry Glenn
Shawn Jefferson
Vincent Brisby
Troy Brown
Sam Gash
Keith Byers

Yes, memory lane can be fun. The '96 team is the one that is near and dear to my heart.

Drew Bledsoe
Curtis Martin
Ben Coates
Terry Glenn
Shawn Jefferson
Vincent Brisby
Troy Brown
Sam Gash
Keith Byers

That team was pretty stacked on defense too. No excuse for them being as bad as they were within 3-4 years. Then again if Pete Carroll hadn't run them into the ground that fast, BB may be coaching the Jets now instead of us.

I remember one game when a Pats drive fizzled and as the offensive players moped off the field Brisby tossed his helmet. I was watching through binoculars and could read Parcells' lips: "Don't throw your helmet, Vincent." Brisby was a solid but not spectacular WR.

I'll toss in one Timpson and one Brisby for a Shawn Jefferson

If memory serves, Timpson was the receiver who hauled in that Bledsoe pass in overtime to beat Miami at home in the '93 season ender. It was a legendary moment that heralded a new era in Patriots football. (I was there.) :rocker:

Another classic Tuna quote came when, during his 1st TC in 1993, he called out LB Chris Singleton and told him that he would give Singleton $20 if he could make just one solo, open-field tackle.
Singleton never collected the money, just his pink slip.

As Bill would say, not what we're looking for with the 8th pick in the entire draft.

If memory serves, Timpson was the receiver who hauled in that Bledsoe pass in overtime to beat Miami at home in the '93 season ender. It was a legendary moment that heralded a new era in Patriots football. (I was there.) :rocker:

Me too, and it was Timpson.

Drew Bledsoe
Curtis Martin
Ben Coates
Terry Glenn
Shawn Jefferson
Vincent Brisby
Troy Brown
Sam Gash
Keith Byers

I'd forgotten that talented lineup.
Loved the epic Bledsoe/Coates vs Marino passfests back then.

I watched every game back then as a season ticket holder and, imo, Brisby was never very good.

Wow....for a minute there I thought Belichick was re-signing Brisby!

when i saw this thread back again i thought it too...
but not for a minute...a little bit less...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back