PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vince Young on Madden Cover '08

There goes the Titans season. It's not like they had any promise anyway.

It's not a bad choice really. Sure, he's not even close to being the best QB but it's about marketing and he's an exciting player to watch. Right now, there aren't many young players that sell more jerseys than Vince Young. He's a good kid too and has managed to keep his nose clean. I have no problem with the pick.

i guess i should preface this by saying i recently graduated with a bsba in marketing

anyway, i 100% agree

I think Young is a good guy and seems to have his head on right, but I just don't think he has done enough in the NFL yet to be put on the Madden cover.

Vince Young may be cursed next year but I got the titans in madden cause vince will be nasty (obviuosly I got the pats first)

Maybe they'll add the hook shot into the game this year. Kind of like that pass he threw against us that was nothing more than a hook shot. If the receiver had actually caught that ball it would have gone down as one of the greatest plays in history.

Last edited:
I know why Vince Young is compared to Vick but I have to say that Vince Young strikes me as a winner. I don't think he will ever put up great passing stats, but I think he has some good leadership qualities that will translate into victories on the field. He has "it".

Michael Vick on the other hand strikes me as an overrated pot head who the ball washing media is constantly making excuses for. He will never win crap.

I hope Vince breaks the curse.

I know why Vince Young is compared to Vick but I have to say that Vince Young strikes me as a winner. I don't think he will ever put up great passing stats, but I think he has some good leadership qualities that will translate into victories on the field. He has "it".

Michael Vick on the other hand strikes me as an overrated pot head who the ball washing media is constantly making excuses for. He will never win crap.

I hope Vince breaks the curse.

Amen. 10 char

Don't know if this has been mentioned already. I know there was a thread about this a while ago.

Well there goes his once promising career! Expect a sophomore slump. :( Sorry Tennessee fans!

Excuse me!? This is ONLY the BEST football game in the world! Please don't call it crappy.

Madden is fun only if you want to play Madden, I'd like a game where I get to play football. Madden plays nothing like an actual game of football no matter how much you try and tweak it. It's garbage and I hope the rumors of 2k putting out their own football game (without the NFL license since EA bribed the NFL) this year are true.

Last edited:
Madden is fun only if you want to play Madden, I'd like a game where I get to play football. Madden plays nothing like an actual game of football no matter how much you try and tweak it. It's garbage and I hope the rumors of 2k putting out their own football game (without the NFL license since EA bribed the NFL) this year are true.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I just want you to know that you're definitely in the minority part on this case. If you want to play real football, put on some pads and go play with some friends. In terms of games, Madden is the closest to NFL as you can get in terms of EVERYTHING. People enjoy having Frachise mode, Superstar mode, playing GM/owner/coach, and many other features of the game.

This is surprising to me. Young is the basically the last person I expected to be on the cover. It's also a pretty nasty cover pic :eek:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back