PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vince Wilfork

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMoney82

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey Pats fans,
As a hardcore Canes fan, I was wondering how UM alum Vince Wilfork was doing for you guys. Everytime I've watched him this year he's looked fantastic.

He may be the most talented DT I've ever observed at the high school and college level. He underachieved a bit his junior year with the death of his parents, but I was still screaming for the Dolphins to pick him.

DMoney82 said:
Hey Pats fans,
As a hardcore Canes fan, I was wondering how UM alum Vince Wilfork was doing for you guys. Everytime I've watched him this year he's looked fantastic.

He may be the most talented DT I've ever observed at the high school and college level. He underachieved a bit his junior year with the death of his parents, but I was still screaming for the Dolphins to pick him.

He has had some moments of a sophomore slump, probably attributed most to Seymour missing time and lack of veteran depth at the nose. I am not critical of the guy personally, was excited beyond belief when we got him and have a lot of hopes for his career in NE.

PS--thanks for visiting--and a counter question: What the hell was that with Sean Taylor last night??

DMoney82 said:
Hey Pats fans,

Hey D - thanks for the post.

As you know he kindof fell to us a few years ago, and after going through some rookie adjustments, he's really begun to come on this year.... somewhat quietly, but most of us here have noticed and remarked on it

We're kindof looking at him as a guy who might be ready to jump to the next level of play, but he's just doesn't quite seem to be there just yet - no complaints really, but right now he's just a guy who goes out and quietly does his job well, not getting too much of the media spotlight but causing a real concern for opposing OCs

Realistically, as a NT in the middle, you hear those names when they screw up - and of course, the guy to his right (Richard Seymour) rightfully grabs most of the headlines

But between Ty Warren, Wilfork, and Seymour, we like what we got

and not for nothing as they say - Wilfork's solid play as this season wore on also really opened things for Vrabel and McGinest to do a lot of damage

So the more I think about him, the more I feel he's really one of the unheralded players for this team who has had a pretty big impact

Thanks for the question

Big Vince has been excellent for he laast 6 weeks including last night. One more reason to feel optimistic about Denver.

Earlier in the season, quite a few of us worried that VW seemed to be lugging far too much avoirdupois around. No complaints now, though!

PATSNUTme said:
Big Vince has been excellent for he laast 6 weeks including last night. One more reason to feel optimistic about Denver.

Wilfork has been steadily improving from a rather disastrous start to the season. For example last night he easily slipped a block from the Center which put him in the backfield unblocked. It didn't matter much on that play, but it could have been a huge play.

Vince has been doing a great job he has been adjusting to the NFL game very well and will be a Pro Bowl in the very near future. He's been getting better at stuffing the run and will be a good pass rusher with time.

Attachments

• ThrowbackAuthenticHelmet.jpg
    ThrowbackAuthenticHelmet.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
abejarano12 said:
Vince has been doing a great job he has been adjusting to the NFL game very well and will be a Pro Bowl in the very near future. He's been getting better at stuffing the run and will be a good pass rusher with time.

Madden said last night that Wilfork adjusts to the screen as well as anybody. While trying to imagine that for a dude built like he is, they showed the replay, and sure enough, he got in on the tackle. The guy in the middle has to be like the proverbial brick ____house anyway, just stop up the middle.

His run stuffing skills have improved 50% over the last 6 or so weeks. We really needed that in a big way. Love the guy.

He and Rosie are tied for "Most Improved" this year.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Madden said last night that Wilfork adjusts to the screen as well as anybody. While trying to imagine that for a dude built like he is, they showed the replay, and sure enough, he got in on the tackle. The guy in the middle has to be like the proverbial brick ____house anyway, just stop up the middle.
madden actually said VW adjusts to the screen as well as anyone he HAS EVER SEEN.

Read earlier this week that the NE coaches believe his game improved dramatically halfway through this season when he adjusted his stance position about a foot further back from the line of scrimage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes