PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vince Wilfork "Wilforks Island" vs Haloti Ngata

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEPettyOfficer72

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Vince Wilfork is an amazing athlete for his size and has tremendous ability. He makes everything he does look easy because he is that good, even snagging two interceptions in back to back games. He can rush the passer and stuff the run .. and when I say stuff the run I mean better than anybody which is more important for a defensive tackle than rushing the passer. Has developed the nickname "Wilfork's Island" for good reasons. How would you measure him up to Baltimore's Nose Tackle Haloti Ngata?

...what?

Isn't this an offseason thread? Someone needs to inform this guy that its week 10.

They play the same position but have different jobs. They're both versatile, Ngata even takes some snaps in the goal line offense for the Ravens, they both line up all across the D-Line, etc. Why does there always need to be a "best"?

Wilfork is hardly a 'pass rusher', he just gets the occasional sack when he's not double/triple teamed. But he almost always is double/triple teamed and still sheds the block to stuff a RB. That is what he is asked to do. Ngata is asked to play more aggressive and it will show up on his stat sheet that way.

I don't really see the point in comparing the two, all I know is that I'd love to have them line up side by side.

tumblr4.jpg

Wilfork Continent, IMO!

Personally, I like "Planet Wilfork."

I'd like to have them both, too. Two incredibly athletic big men.

I'd like to have them both, too. Two incredibly athletic big men.

I thought you wrote "incredibly attractive big men" ...I was pretty worried for a minute there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes