Vince Wilfork vs Wade Smith / Adrian Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Mangenius is going to have to reach Einstein levels of intelligence to solve this one. If the Jets are forced to use backups Smith and Jones to contain Wilfork the Jets will be in big trouble.

Personally .... I'm not sure at this point they will be able to effectively double team any player. Smith is a converted tackle at 318 lbs he may be okay but Jones is the big liability at 6-5 296lbs big Vince will win the leverage battle there big time.

Lots of outside runs and short passes for Pennington. If Belichick goes back to the old Patriots slot CB blitz this could well be a 3 INT day for the Patriots thanks in big part to 1 player ... Vince Wilfork vs Smith/Jones.

Mangenius is going to have to reach Einstein levels of intelligence to solve this one. If the Jets are forced to use backups Smith and Jones to contain Wilfork the Jets will be in big trouble.

Personally .... I'm not sure at this point they will be able to effectively double team any player. Smith is a converted tackle at 318 lbs he may be okay but Jones is the big liability at 6-5 296lbs big Vince will win the leverage battle there big time.

Lots of outside runs and short passes for Pennington. If Belichick goes back to the old Patriots slot CB blitz this could well be a 3 INT day for the Patriots thanks in big part to 1 player ... Vince Wilfork vs Smith/Jones.

They still have Mangold and I would think he would have more to do with blocking Wilfork. That being said, Jones will be going up against either Seymour or Warren one on one so that being said, they're still in trouble.

They still have Mangold and I would think he would have more to do with blocking Wilfork. That being said, Jones will be going up against either Seymour or Warren one on one so that being said, they're still in trouble.

I think Mangold is hurt worse than Mangini is saying, he'll be lucky to play 5 snaps. Smith has taken only 4 snaps all year .... I sense big problems up the gut.

I think Mangold is hurt worse than Mangini is saying, he'll be lucky to play 5 snaps. Smith has taken only 4 snaps all year .... I sense big problems up the gut.

He's injured? I didn't even see him on the injury report.

Nevermind, I just had to dig a little deeper into the injury report.

Last edited:
He's injured? I didn't even see him on the injury report.

Nevermind, I just had to dig a little deeper into the injury report.

Yeah. Amazingly, the JEST injury report is longer than the Pats. :eek:

If Wilfork plays alot and Mangold is out, they are screwed.

Forget all the other game comparisons ... this one is all that is needed. No team can survive the loss of 2 starters on the O-line against a front 3 like the Patriots ... all of whom are pro bowl caliber.

One player on the Jets O-line who will make a difference is OT Pete Kendall, who was not present in the first Jets - Pats game. Also, another player who did not play in either game was RB Cedric Houston. While not star big name difference makers, these two will have an impact on the game.
Go Jets
-Chris

One player on the Jets O-line who will make a difference is OT Pete Kendall, who was not present in the first Jets - Pats game. Also, another player who did not play in either game was RB Cedric Houston. While not star big name difference makers, these two will have an impact on the game.
Go Jets
-Chris

Yeah, right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey