PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vince Wilfork Transcript

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vince should have the courage of his convictions or STFU. Sounds like he's gonna do what he's gonna do, and they're gonna do what they're gonna do, and if they meet somewhere near the middle that works for Vince but if not he's gonna be happy and play here this season anyways...or something. LOL

Holy crap, when I looked at the thread title quickly I thought it said "Vince Wilfork Traded". That was scary.

If Vince likes his family to eat, I don't think he'll be skipping mini-camp this week.

Wilfork could lose 500k for minicamp no-show - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Patriots nose tackle Vince Wilfork could lose $500,000 if he does not show up for the team's mandatory minicamp this week, a league source told the Boston Globe today.

The $500,000 figure is tied to forfeiture language in the collective bargaining agreement and Wilfork's contractual status.

Wilfork won't automatically lose the $500,000 if he does not show up, but that figure would be at risk if the Patriots decide to pursue it per the language in the CBA.

The rich sum could be a factor in Wilfork's decision-making on whether to attend the mandatory minicamp, which is scheduled for Wednesday-Friday.

If Vince likes his family to eat, I don't think he'll be skipping mini-camp this week.

Wilfork could lose 500k for minicamp no-show - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

WOW...add that $500K to the $500K or so holding out on TC now totals at $14K per day plus the capacity of a team to persue a portion of the players signing bonus as a result (another $300K or so in Vince's case) and the concept of Vince having leverage gets pretty expensive... I'd be tough for a player to hold out to week 10 if he's looking at $1.3M in accumulated fines coupled with the loss of $1.3M in salary since at $2.2M after deducting his fines he'd be feeding his family for less than nothing those last 6 weeks...

I really don't understand why Mankins can grasp it while others struggle so with the concept that BB gauges how much football matters to players at times like these. Especially his captains. You can voice your displeasure if so inclined to the FO without resorting to taking your concerns public or withholding services. Once you do you put him in a position where he's got to be increasingly less inclined to try to accommodate you because everyone is watching... And that includes those players Vince mentions who are counting on you to line up along side who are showing up despite their own contract concerns. I think that is why Seymour hasn't been elected a captain on this defense for the last couple of seasons...even as Wilfork and Warren were.

Sounds like the media is being used to send messages both ways this week...and the message is the usual Belichick one, do your job Vince.

Sounds like the media is being used to send messages both ways this week...and the message is the usual Belichick one, do your job Vince.

Not that i expect this to get ugly, but it sounds like Branch all over again. I really hate when players act like this in the public. ***** to Bill not the media. Branch is one of only a couple of ex pats that i can't stand. Play out your contract, and then get paid. If you want to whine to the media, and demand more money, then GFY. :D

With that said, i'm confident that this will be non issue when the season starts. Wake me if he's missing in week one :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes