PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vince Wilfork on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as Ted Johnson's comments were out of line, Vince's are, too. You don't threaten a guy for not thinking your wife is hot.

You threaten a guy for humiliating and insulting your wife on national radio. Hell I think Wilfork should of just said nothing and showed up at Johnson's house..

Well, Johnson is definitely not lying. Bianca Wilfork is probably the worst looking of all of them (from what I've seen). But that's not something you say on the radio. That's a douche move. You say that privately.

It's a douche move by Johnson and a douche move by the ppl asking the question too.

You don't say it at all. Wtf. She's a wonderful person by all accounts but who cares because she doesn't look like Gisele Bundchen? Give me a break.

Go, Vince. No one has any right to insult your wife.

Agreed. or you say it on a Messageboard on the internet. Either one is acceptable...but not on the radio.

I edited my post. I think there's a difference between some nobody fan giving that opinion on a forum and someone of Johnson's stature giving it on the radio broadcast to thousands of people.

Some things are better left unsaid. I would not be surprised if Ted receives Vince's hands of God.

2) The larger tragedy is the story of Ted Johnson. One thing is for sure. No one should be putting a microphone in front of Ted. To do so is just inhumane exploitation. Anyone who does so at this point should examine their own conscience. Boston broadcast media obviously caught on and turned his mic off at some point.

No they haven't. It's not just the Texas sports radio station he works for - he's been on CSN and 98.5 as recently as the playoffs.

You are trying to invent a link between Johnson's plight and his A-Hole remarks today that does not exist.

Dumb thing for Johnson to say. I understand he has had some issues, but that doesn''t excuse his poor judgment. Good for Vince for sticking up for wife. By all accounts Wilfork has a terrific family life, which isn't that easy for anyone and is probably even harder for celebrities and professional athletes.

Johnson appologized (as he should have). I hope things cool down and Johnson can find a way to reasonably reconcile with Vince and his wife.

I don't blame Ted Johnson, for the man probably suffers from some brain related injury. I know a person who had to get a piece of his brain removed after a car accident; needless to say, his ability to filter/control the things that he can say is gone.

You are trying to invent a link between Johnson's plight and his A-Hole remarks today that does not exist.

Sure, cognitive impairment could never have anything to do with someone's judgement in a situation.

Brilliant post.

God Bless the internet.

Last edited:
I don't blame Ted Johnson, for the man probably suffers from some brain related injury. I know a person who had to get a piece of his brain removed after a car accident; needless to say, his ability to filter/control the things that he can say is gone.

Worse, he seems to be posting here

Oh, so there are degrees of "public." :rolleyes:

Yes, there's a difference between an anonymous person on a little read message board saying something and an ex teammate and friend saying something on a radio station heard by hundreds of thousands.

If the poster had said that about his wife and not Johnson, do you think Wilfork would be as upset? Why not?

:rolleyes:

You threaten a guy for humiliating and insulting your wife on national radio. Hell I think Wilfork should of just said nothing and showed up at Johnson's house..

If you threaten someone, you've broken the law. Physically assault them and wind up in jail for a year or two. Not smart.

Sure, cognitive impairment could never have anything to do with someone's judgement in a situation.

Brilliant post.

God Bless the internet.

That's a little dramatic. TJ has PCS and depression but it's not like he's incapable of using common sense.

Yes, there's a difference between an anonymous person on a little read message board saying something and an ex teammate and friend saying something on a radio station heard by hundreds of thousands.

If the poster had said that about his wife and not Johnson, do you think Wilfork would be as upset? Why not?

:rolleyes:

It's not OK here, either.

Mrs. Wilfork did nothing to deserve this. This thread is not a forum to discuss how posters rate her looks.

Last edited:
Disappointing that Johnson would say something like that about anyone's wife.

I met Vince's wife at one of the Superbowl parties a few years ago. The woman is pure awesome-sauce. Full of life and energy and a great big smile and all the rest.

Vince is a lucky guy.

I've met Bianca too. It was inside the practice bubble. I found her to be cool, loyal, sexy, energetic, supportive and very funny all in one nice package.

That comment by TJ couldn't be more wrong.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the guy ASKING the question is just as big a dooosh

I did, in fact I think the person who asked the question is the biggest douche in all of this. I personally detest people (and unfortunately know a few too many) who stir up negative conversations about others who aren't present, they're not the ones with the balls to say certain things but they know damn well the words they're about to generate out of others. I'm not saying at all that TJ should be praised for 'having balls' or criticized any less for what he said, but I just hate people that invite stuff like that. And who knows maybe they knew TJ has less of a filter with all his neuro issues and he'd be stupid enough to actually give an answer.

That's a little dramatic. TJ has PCS and depression but it's not like he's incapable of using common sense.

Former players with PCS and depression (and the early symptoms of Alzheimers that Ted was diagnosed with in 2007, per the Globe and the NY Times) are indeed CAPABLE of using common sense SOME of the time.

They are also far more likely to commit suicide, physical battery, not leave their homes for years, have their families disintegrate, etc.

All you have to do is study the former players who had multiple concussions and see what their rate is versus the general population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back