PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vince Wilfork on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
well johnson apologized, so all should be forgiven. He's a little punch drunk so who can hold it against him.

I met Vince's wife at one of the Superbowl parties a few years ago. The woman is pure awesome-sauce. Full of life and energy and a great big smile and all the rest.

Vince is a lucky guy.

Yes but he's a random person and this isn't as widely read/listened to as a radio show.

Oh, so there are degrees of "public." :rolleyes:

It's a true statement, but I would never have said it about anyone in public -- it's just a classless question to answer

And let's not forget it was an equally classless question to ask.

I'm sorry, but there's no way to blame this deranged comment on his cognitive abilities. This was a reflection of character, not intellect or cognition.

He's competent enough to be a Sports Radio host and commentator on TV, he should be able to avoid saying one of the more mean-spirited things I've heard on the airwaves. I feel sorry for the degenerative condition he has, but if people with his current level of cognition are not held responsible for what they say and do, then god help us if we apply that to the rest of the world, and particularly the elderly.

Agreed. I understand that we don't want to pile on the brain-damaged guy, but that's not a blank check to be an *******. He should be held accountable for that.

well johnson apologized, so all should be forgiven. He's a little punch drunk so who can hold it against him.

Pretty sure Vince can.

And let's not forget it was an equally classless question to ask.

True, true. But Johnson's response is far worse than some idiot sports talk show call-in, because he played with the guy. They probably hung out and went to dinner together. He knows the woman he's trashing. He prefaced his answer by saying, "Hey, this guy is a great guy." Then he blindsided him and his wife for a laugh.

https://twitter.com/wilfork75/status/315110046373670912

@tedj52 your barking up the wrong tree I hear and see everything mother ****er

Any one know what Ted Johnson said?

M******* Sports ‏@M*******Sports 25m
Ted Johnson just wrote his own death certificate. He called Vince Wilforks wife ugly...and he is rip****.

Me I'd be just as worried about Death from Bianca :eek:

None of us are MD's specializing in brain disorders let me add that an in-law who was a top Doctor Head of Cardiology and suffered a brain injury skateboarding that completely changed his personality, cost him his career and his savings. Years later he seems to be better but he was just awful for a while, normal one day and batch!t crazy the next.

Here you go:

Thanks for posting the link to that thread back on the football forum. That was moved and closed for a reason which should be obvious.:eek:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the guy ASKING the question is just as big a dooosh

M******* Sports ‏@M*******Sports 25m
Ted Johnson just wrote his own death certificate. He called Vince Wilforks wife ugly...and he is rip****.

Me I'd be just as worried about Death from Bianca :eek:

None of us are MD's specializing in brain disorders let me add that an in-law who was a top Doctor Head of Cardiology and suffered a brain injury skateboarding that completely changed his personality, cost him his career and his savings. Years later he seems to be better but he was just awful for a while, normal one day and batch!t crazy the next.

Yep, as poor taste as Johnson's comments were I think people here don't realize that brain damage to the degree that Johnson is suffering from seriously impair judgement as well, and this is a manifestation of that. Johnson has never been a bad guy who talked crap and I think he just made a serious mistake in judgement and should have said "Brady" as others have mentioned here.

Let's not forget Vince is a pretty big guy too. and he has his priorities in order, if you ask me.

wilforks.png

324726525.jpg

Bianca Wilfork was a 23-year-old single mom working two jobs — one at Taco Bell — when Vince, the Patriots' first-round draft pick last year, contacted her through the website BlackPlanet.com — Black Women, Men Meet to Chat, Discuss, Engage. He was a freshman at the University of Miami, saw her web page, and wrote, simply, “My name is Vince. Call me.” “I was busting my ass for real,” she says, having recently kicked out her son's father. But having grown up in football-crazy Gainesville, Florida, she had major reservations when she found out Vince played ball. “I didn't want to date a football player,” she says. “Not to be stereotypical, but they're whores.” Still, for some reason, she did call, they met (and she found out that Wilfork actually weighed more like 350 pounds, as opposed to the 220 he had claimed), and have been together ever since. And while the other players stayed out all night at strip joints, 20-year-old Vince was home with Bianca. “I was like, what homework do you have? Don't you have a paper that's due? I would be in contact with his teachers,” she says. “I was like, don't screw up with school.”

The Secret Lives of the Players' Wives | Boston Magazine

Yep, as poor taste as Johnson's comments were I think people here don't realize that brain damage to the degree that Johnson is suffering from seriously impair judgement as well, and this is a manifestation of that. Johnson has never been a bad guy who talked crap and I think he just made a serious mistake in judgement and should have said "Brady" as others have mentioned here.

I'm not going to attest to the mindset that caused these remarks......I have one single experience via Ted Johnson, and that was a number of years back while coaching my son's U9 soccer team who was playing against Weston. Now first off, my experience over the years with Weston teams is that the players as well as the parents have a certain air about them as well as some attitude to go along with it.....Weston was winning pretty handily, and towards the end of the game, after another Weston goal, this kid literally ran up in front of our bench and grabbed his crotch and started screaming in what I assumed was some kind of victorious salute.....I was pretty shocked and the other coach barked at the kid and told him to get back in the game....

after the game, the coach apologized and told me that was ted johnson's kid and told me that ted johnson was standing over yonder.....I asked 'he puts up with it?' and the coach replied 'he's part of the problem' ... I think coach said that mom doesn't tolerate it, but they're divorced and yada yada.....

anyway, I think he was a moron before the symptoms arose

Re: OT: Ted Johnson Insults Wilfork's Wife

Nothing will come of this.

At most, Johnson will give a half assed apology and that will be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back