Vince Wilfork live chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEGIRLPATSFAN

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Vince Wilfork Live Chat

TUES, APRIL 7TH - 2:00PM

Join ComcastSportsNet.com on Tuesday, April 7th at 2pm as New England Patriots DT Vince Wilfork will conduct a "Live Chat". Fans will be able to ask Vince questions about the offseason moves, upcoming NFL Draft, or anything else you have on your mind. Vince will also be awarding 4 tickets to the 6th Annual Draft Day Fundraiser at PiNZ. This is a great event every year.

Is this a chat on teh web?? a link??

did anyone see vince on NEST last night? i got the feeling he wants to get paid $$$$, & that is why he hasn't renegotiated a contract extension

did anyone see vince on NEST last night? i got the feeling he wants to get paid $$$$, & that is why he hasn't renegotiated a contract extension

Did he say something to that effect specifically, or are you just guessing?

I don't think the new deal by Stroud helps any either. Now I'm starting to feel Vince is going to ask for about 8 mill per yr, especially when the Bills just gave Stroud an extension on a crazy deal already, now he's making over 8 per

What did he say?

said at first he was bothered by his contract, but not anymore; he signed for 6 yrs & will play for 6yrs. will let it "play its course"; he was "totally positive" & relaxed, looking forward to making up for no postseason in '08.

the Tanger noted that other pats have signed below-market contracts, then asked him something like: "you have certain financial goals, right?"

vince: "yeah, i mean... that's something that will take care of itself"
said he understood where the pats were at, this wont stop him from playing great, no bad blood, etc

felger: something like "point blank, do you want to hit free agency"?

vince: something like "point blank, want to start & end career with the pats." something about loving the fans, players, coaches but that the contract stuff is going to take time, & that he's at peace with it

Did he say something to that effect specifically, or are you just guessing?

I don't think the new deal by Stroud helps any either. Now I'm starting to feel Vince is going to ask for about 8 mill per yr, especially when the Bills just gave Stroud an extension on a crazy deal already, now he's making over 8 per

(agreed re: stroud)

it the first slip of "yeah" when asked if he had a certain financial goal in mind. he was also pretty bill-esque in his responses (spoke in platitudes, said all the "right" things without revealing his hand).

that -- and the fact that NEST flashed a graphic of haynesworth's salary -- made me think if money was NOT the issue he would already have an extension

said at first he was bothered by his contract, but not anymore; he signed for 6 yrs & will play for 6yrs. will let it "play its course"; he was "totally positive" & relaxed, looking forward to making up for no postseason in '08.

the Tanger noted that other pats have signed below-market contracts, then asked him something like: "you have certain financial goals, right?"

vince: "yeah, i mean... that's something that will take care of itself"
said he understood where the pats were at, this wont stop him from playing great, no bad blood, etc

felger: something like "point blank, do you want to hit free agency"?

vince: something like "point blank, want to start & end career with the pats." something about loving the fans, players, coaches but that the contract stuff is going to take time, & that he's at peace with it

Doesn't really say too much about his big contract demands, you may be mixing a little bit of opinion in with your thoughts. I do, however, feel that he wants to get paid 'fairly,' and the longer it goes on, the more it's gonna cost us--based on contracts like the Bills just gave Stroud, etc. Some here think he'll play for like 5-6 mill/per, but I think it's gonna take at least 7-8 per yr.

Doesn't really say too much about his big contract demands, you may be mixing a little bit of opinion in with your thoughts. I do, however, feel that he wants to get paid 'fairly,' and the longer it goes on, the more it's gonna cost us--based on contracts like the Bills just gave Stroud, etc. Some here think he'll play for like 5-6 mill/per, but I think it's gonna take at least 7-8 per yr.

We need to remember that the Bills, and Redskins are who they are. If they want to overpay, and then be restricted financially, then go ahead. There's a reason those teams suck :D. The Pats will try to resign Vince, but if he wants Haynesworth money, then forget it.

Personally, i don't think it will come to that. Both sides know there's alot of uncertainty with next years cba. So when its time to sign, he'll be made a fair, but huge offer. He deserves it. I think even Vince knows that he can't get Haynesworth money from any team other than the Redskins. They are the ONLY team dumb enough to pay that much.

We need to remember that the Bills, and Redskins are who they are. If they want to overpay, and then be restricted financially, then go ahead. There's a reason those teams suck :D. The Pats will try to resign Vince, but if he wants Haynesworth money, then forget it.

Personally, i don't think it will come to that. Both sides know there's alot of uncertainty with next years cba. So when its time to sign, he'll be made a fair, but huge offer. He deserves it. I think even Vince knows that he can't get Haynesworth money from any team other than the Redskins. They are the ONLY team dumb enough to pay that much.
I tend to agree...if he's NOT going for the big ****s..is reasonable all will be fine..if he goes Haynesworth...he will go the way of Branch, Law and others..BUT I do not get that feeling..

Nashville-
Are you saying 7-8 per is like Haynesworth money? When there are guys like Stroud making 8-9 per, I tend to think 7-8 is certainly fair. The people who think he'll settle for 5-6 are kidding themselves. Plus, from what I hear his agent-wife is still a shrewd negotiator. 7-8 seems pretty fair all around. Haynesworth just signed a 100 mill. contract, although it's really about 12 mill per in reality. 7-8 seems right on the nose to me. Actually just saw on PFT that Stroud's contract is quite comparable to Kris Jenkins and Shaun Rodgers, so to think that Wilfork will receive anything less is ludicrous. And I don't think that these teams are overpaying for these guys either. I'm actually starting to think anything less than 8 mill per yr is not gonna fly with Big Vince, but you have to agree that the longer it goes on the more guys of lesser or comparable talent are signing larger deals.

So, in essence--yes, the longer it goes on, the more it's gonna cost us

Last edited:
Nashville-
Are you saying 7-8 per is like Haynesworth money? When there are guys like Stroud making 8-9 per, I tend to think 7-8 is certainly fair. The people who think he'll settle for 5-6 are kidding themselves. Plus, from what I hear his agent-wife is still a shrewd negotiator. 7-8 seems pretty fair all around. Haynesworth just signed a 100 mill. contract, although it's really about 12 mill per in reality. 7-8 seems right on the nose to me. Actually just saw on PFT that Stroud's contract is quite comparable to Kris Jenkins and Shaun Rodgers, so to think that Wilfork will receive anything less is ludicrous. And I don't think that these teams are overpaying for these guys either. I'm actually starting to think anything less than 8 mill per yr is not gonna fly with Big Vince, but you have to agree that the longer it goes on the more guys of lesser or comparable talent are signing larger deals.

So, in essence--yes, the longer it goes on, the more it's gonna cost us

oh, i didnt mean for it to sound like i was diagreeing with ya. I was just saying that teams like the redskins suck for a reason. :D Personally, if they signed Vince for what Haynesworth got, i wouldnt blink an eye. My problem with what the reskins did, is i DO NOT feel that Haynesworth was worth that much. I think Vince is much better, and more valuble to this team. so, 7-8 mil would be fine to me also. I just don't see us paying haynesworth money cuz thats just not the patriot way, and even haynesworth shouldnt have gotten that much. I forget what they said the guaranteed was on that contract. I just remember the 100 mil part.

Anyone know Haynesworths contract details? I'll just go look it up, and stop being lazy :D

ok, here it is; 7 years for 100 mil. 41 mil in guarantees, and 32 mil just in the first 13 months
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3939011

Thats insane, and the Pats would not do that with Vince. I just don't see it.

Last edited:
oh, i didnt mean for it to sound like i was diagreeing with ya. I was just saying that teams like the redskins suck for a reason. :D Personally, if they signed Vince for what Haynesworth got, i wouldnt blink an eye. My problem with what the reskins did, is i DO NOT feel that Haynesworth was worth that much. I think Vince is much better, and more valuble to this team. so, 7-8 mil would be fine to me also. I just don't see us paying haynesworth money cuz thats just not the patriot way, and even haynesworth shouldnt have gotten that much. I forget what they said the guaranteed was on that contract. I just remember the 100 mil part.

Anyone know Haynesworths contract details? I'll just go look it up, and stop being lazy :D

ok, here it is; 7 years for 100 mil. 41 mil in guarantees, and 32 mil just in the first 13 months
Albert Haynesworth, Washington Redskins agree on seven-year deal - 2009 NFL Free Agency - ESPN

Thats insane, and the Pats would not do that with Vince. I just don't see it.

Nah, I don't think it'll be anywhere even close, or remotely comparable to what the idiot redskins gave Haynesworth. I do think that the price has increased in the past yr, which is unfortunate, due to these other, somewhat comparable players--Stroud, Jenkins, Rodgers, etc.

If they're all making approx. 8 or more, than I think it's safe to say that Wilfork will demand equal value. There was a general consensus around here that Vince would sign for much less. Some were even talking 5 mill/per at the beginning of the offseason, which already sounded low to me. My point is just that the price is increasing because of these other, comparable positions and players, which sucks for us.

I don't think he'll want to be paid considerably more than them, but I think he does want the same, or comparable money--which is only fair. I just hope they are working on this, and make some headway soon.

There was a general consensus around here that Vince would sign for much less. Some were even talking 5 mill/per at the beginning of the offseason, which already sounded low to me.

5 mil? no, thats too low. That would be a pretty big home team discount. I would even be ok with 7 years for 70....thats still 30 mil lower than Haynesworth. Either way, i reeeeeally don't want to lose him. In BB we trust

Open Letter to Vince. Pleeeeeeeeez sign the contract!!!!! That is all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye