Vince Wilfork is the Pats' best interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchick

Moderatrix
Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was listening to WEEI in the car earlier and just grinning ear to ear listening to Wilfork. He's candid, down-to-earth, funny, and manages to always say the right thing without ever sounded canned or scripted. It's not up in the audio vault at this point, but if/when WEEI posts it I recommend a listen just for his description of the team's character: how he never doubted for a minute that they would win, and looking down the bench he could see that all the other guys felt the same way, "and who wouldn't want to play for a team like that?"

BTW, Dale & Holley also brought up the fact that they told Wilfork about Sean Taylor live on the air last week (something many criticized them for). They were apologetic, explained that they didn't realize what Vince did/didn't already know. Wilfork clearly didn't bear any grudge, his take was basically that "they were delivering news he needed to know" and that there's no good time for that kind of news anyway.

I love vince too.

it struck me as odd that they focused on ray lewis and the ravens grieving sean taylor last night, and said almost nothing about wilfork, given that they were close enough friends that he was interviewed on SC the day after it happened.

The guys on espn raved about big Vinny too during commentary. Sounds like a classy, humble guy.

I hope the guys in the radio booth watch their knees.

I recommend a listen just for his description of the team's character: how he never doubted for a minute that they would win, and looking down the bench he could see that all the other guys felt the same way, "and who wouldn't want to play for a team like that?"

I could see this at the game last night. Just when things looked darkest --- I think it was just before Sanders's interception --- I noticed Vince walking around the defense, bumping fists with Rodney and Assante. He was clearly optimistic.

And yes, I had my #75 on.

Did he talk about the run defense or the defense overall?

Totally Patriots did a terrific interview with Vince this week as well, showed him and his family shopping , Really showed what a funny guy he is, great sport and dad!

I love listening to Vince "Barry White" Wilfork interviews. He's very honest and gets right to the point ... lots and lots of information. He does a great job of letting the fan see things from a players viewpoint.

He's our MAIN MAN on defense imo. Should be a All Pro

I was listening to WEEI in the car earlier and just grinning ear to ear listening to Wilfork. He's candid, down-to-earth, funny, and manages to always say the right thing without ever sounded canned or scripted. It's not up in the audio vault at this point, but if/when WEEI posts it I recommend a listen .......QUOTE]

I was listening to it this morning too as I do every every "patriot monday" on EEI.... after the Brady interview vince is the man!! they got the interview posted now so here is a link to it, check it out, it's great!! mike
P.S. hope the link works!! If not then go to www.weei.com and go to the Dale & Holley page

http://weei.podzinger.com/viewMedia...EI+-+Dale+and+Holley&e=15070500&res=125039680

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes