PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vince Lombardi trophy should be renamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRADY2MOSSS

On the Roster
Reaction score
Vince Lombardi trophy should be renamed the Bill Belichick trophy if patriots goes 19-0 its only fair.
What would it take for the NFL to rename the trophy.

Last edited:
Vince Lombardi trophy should be renamed the Bill Belichick trophy if patriots goes 19-0 its only fair.

your better off trying to get the "Coach of the Year" award called the Belicheck award...about 15 years after BB retires

*Remember the reason its called teh Lombardi trophy is cause the PACKERS won a bunch of NFL championships, prior to it being called "the super bowl"

dont get your hopes up buddy. people will never let go of history like that.
as for the coach of the year renamed, that would be great. its a long shot and probably will never happen, but its probably the only shred of hope u got for that kind of recognition

Respect the past. Appreciate today.

Respect the past. Appreciate today.

I completely agree. Just because Bill Belichick is having a good run, that doesn't mean we should disrespect Vince Lombardi like that. C'mon.

Yeah, you have to give the goofy hat wearing, cigar smoking dude his due.

Bellichick is rewriting every record book the trophy should be named after him.

BB should just make up his own trophy and give it to himself every year.

Goodell: Well Bill, here is your troph...

Belichick: Stick it up your ass

Goodell: Excuse me?

Belichick: You heard me, you can shove that gaudy looking hunk of junk right up your ass next to the stick you always have there. I have created my own trophy.

Goodell: Umm Bill, you really can't just...

Belichick: I would like to introduce the F.U. Arsehohl Memorial Award.

fu.jpg

BB should just make up his own trophy and give it to himself every year.

Goodell: Well Bill, here is your troph...

Belichick: Stick it up your ass

Goodell: Excuse me?

Belichick: You heard me, you can shove that gaudy looking hunk of junk right up your ass next to the stick you always have there. I have created my own trophy.

Goodell: Umm Bill, you really can't just...

Belichick: I would like to introduce the F.U. Arsehohl Memorial Award.

fu.jpg

lol hahahahahahahah where the hell did you find that pic

First of all, if you can't even spell the coach's name, I'm not sure I can take your opinion seriously. Second of all, when something is named after somebody, it's never subsequently changed because it would be disrespectful to the original honoree. They could name a new award after him, but never rename an old one. And yes, the AFC championship trophy will remain the Lamar Hunt Trophy.

dont forget, most of the country (including most casual fans in NE) are mis-informed to the extent that they think belichick actually cheated. when the public percieves him as a cheater, it doesnt matter what he does or will ever do. even if the nfl came out with a statement saying bill definitely did not cheat, and explained the whole thing, not nearly as many people would find out about it as the many who read all the beli-cheat headlines. bill will always be considered a cheater by many, including quite a few people who root for the pats. every time i think of those headlines on the front page of the globe and herald, i want to puke, because i know most people will always only remember what was printed that day.

First of all, if you can't even spell the coach's name, I'm not sure I can take your opinion seriously.

somethin' up yer butt man? dude adds an extra "L" and you freak out...

what if they share the name. how about the Vince Lombardi and Bill Belichick Trophy that would work

Last edited:
somethin' up yer butt man? dude adds an extra "L" and you freak out...
I didn't freak out, I just pointed out that his opinion doesn't seem to be of the "educated" variety. If he likes Belichick enough to want to rename the Lombardi trophy, you'd think he could spell the name right. Unless he's just here to troll and bait Pats fans into endorsing his ridiculous position.

Last edited:
what if they share the name. how about the Vince Lombardi and Bill Belichick Trophy that would work
Lol, how about the "Vince Lombardi and Chuck Noll and Bill Walsh and Bill Belichick Trophy"?

you are a minority buddy. most people see lombardi as a god and bill as a cheat. that may not be right, but thats just how it is

If the logic to rename the trophy was based on an undefeated season, it'd be called the Shula Trophy.

*blech*

I still say they should create a (or rename the) Pro Bowl trophy and call it the Bill Cowher Trophy. He's undefeated as a Pro Bowl coach.

A more interesting question is what would the trophy be called if BB was operating back in Lombardi's day? Its hard to say. A coaching style that's supremely effective today might not be good enough way back when.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back