PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots decline option on Wilfork - Vince is a free agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saddest day as a Patriot for me in a long, long time. I just hope to some way somehow he ends up back here. Its not the same for me when a Patriot goes off playing elsewhere and comes back and retires here. I want Big Vince to play for New England for his whole career.

Vince was (is) a great Patriot, when he retires his name will be on the ring of honor. He is a potential HOF, class act and a great leader. I'm sad he's a FA, but i'm ok with it on a football level. I wish him all of the luck in the world

Used to be you rooted for the guy. Since free agency, some say they now root for the laundry, but I just cannot get past the guy under that jersey. Godspeed 75.

I'm not gunna say anything that my co-forum member's haven't already said.. but i am just gunna add to it! ;). Just wanna say Thank You Big Vince for nothing but the ABSOLUTE BEST during your 11 yr career here in New England and being one of the classiest guy's that has always exemplified what a true, genuine Patriot is all about! No matter where ya go from here, you'll always be a hall of fame member of the Patriots organization and one of the best to put on a Patriots uniform every Sunday!! Wish you the best from here on out and know you'll keep reppin the " Patriot Way " forever as you have since day 1!!! :)

This is where, as a 'soccer' fan in England, this is always a funny time for me as an NFL fanatic.

Without any salary cap in footy, you would let your legend retire with the team. NFL has to be more cut throat, and it creates sad days like this.

In the end, we have been a successful franchise for the last 14 years because we can be brutal. We will love Vince, and Vince will always love us...but time moves on.

At least we got him another ring...great way to end it!

Thanks Vince!

Tackles like Vince don't get the numbers or the glory but if he returns and adds a third ring he will be in the HOF conversation.

This is where, as a 'soccer' fan in England, this is always a funny time for me as an NFL fanatic.

Without any salary cap in footy, you would let your legend retire with the team. NFL has to be more cut throat, and it creates sad days like this.

In the end, we have been a successful franchise for the last 14 years because we can be brutal. We will love Vince, and Vince will always love us...but time moves on.

At least we got him another ring...great way to end it!

Thanks Vince!

Maybe if you are a United or Chelsea fan. I like soccer too, we get used to see our stars go to Europe. Football is harder because is the team´s choice to cut the player, is more brutal.

If he doesn't resign hopefully he goes to an NFC team but I suspect it's Miami. Outside shot of the Bills. Rex loves expats. The Steelers don't generally go the FA route but he would fit there.

Kinda expected this for a while now ... Please please sing Revis .... PLEASEEEEEE
Can we at least let him gather his belongings first?

dockett got a smaller contract from the 49ers. vince should expect the same type of offer.

listening to francesa..some idiot just asked if wilfork is training for the hot dog eating contest. lol

Bringing back Vince on a reduced salary would ease the pain if McCourty or Revis left (I hope/expect 2 of the 3). Thing is, I almost don't want to let him. He's already the nicest, classiest guy in the world without taking a significant pay cut.

Although, I could see him staying just so he can stay close to his family and not have to uproot them. Almost unheard of, but I think Vince is a rare type. He's an all time great Patriot that just won us another SB. For once, I'm leaning towards hoping the best happens for him, not the team.

Just got a mental image of Vince one day wearing a suit on TV next to Tedy and it made me happy. That's the kind of guy we need giving commentary to the uneducated masses.

LMAO. Terrence Cody is more about speed than Big Vince? You're joking, right?

Terrence-Cody-combine_fs.jpg

^^ Greased lightning right there.
Aww man I was eating!

The NFL Network is looking for another big ol' fat guy to replace Warren Sapp. Vince would be a natural in the talking head analyst biz. Great personality for it.

I've had some time to digest the news now, and here's what I've gathered.

1. This is like when you hear that a favorite relative has died after a long illness. It wasn't at all unexpected, but still hurt when you heard the news

2. Vince's letter was perfect. He said all the right things and said them eloquently.

3. It was very cool that he got to "break the story" himself.

4. The way it's being presented, it appears that this break up is final, but I can't help but hope that after Vince sees what his market is, he might be a chance he could come back come June on a $2MM/yr deal with $2mm in incentives.

5. A number of past vets who hoped to be inducted in the Pats HOF are probably pissed, because they know that Vince just moved to the head of the line.

6. If he doesn't play here next year, my ideal scenario would be for him to decide not to play in 2015, lose 80lbs and take a job with the organization.

Anywhere but the Colts, However a D line with Wake Wilfork and Suh would be ridiculous

It will be weird to not have VW around the team. He has been more than what was expected - in the field and off of it. SB wins in the first and last years in NE, but the real CRAZY dominant Vince was right in between those victoires.

Having said all of that : I am glad the Patriots have BB. Even the best players move on. I am glad I cheer for a team that puts the team ahead of even the most celebrated individuals. Even Brady - if the team was better off with JG - I'd want to move on (obv we are not anywheres near that point today).

Back to Vince : thanks to a great player who gave his all to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back