PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vince in the Rearview, Kevin & AD on the Horizon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Den-in-NH

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Hello PatsFans.com!Draft Day has come and gone (can you believe we drafted a guy named Chung with our first pick!?!?!) and with Draft Day begins the official onset of Patriots Events!I spent Draft Day once again with Vince Wilfork and his guests down in Milford, MA at Pinz Entertainment and ...

Read This Blog Entry: More...

Sorry Den, but any website/blog that uses white text on a black background makes my brain hurt and my eyes go crazy.

...hopefully this format is easier on the eyes - thanks for the input :)

Crazy that Hobbs was there--Imagine if he'd been traded on Day One during the party, my goodness, that would have been uncomfortable!

I was there too. He was the only autograph I couldn't get and he was being a Douchebag. So I had him dumped, lol.

I was there too. He was the only autograph I couldn't get and he was being a Douchebag. So I had him dumped, lol.

JSn, sorry I missed you bud - next time! lol at your Hobbs comment - he definately had no idea that was coming. Hobbs is an interesting topic for me - check out my earlier post:

Funny thing.

I've been at a number of events with Hobbs, and while I've always liked some of the things he can do on the field, I've always found him to be arrogant, self-serving, boastful and rather punk-ish. Still, I've been trying to add his sig to a ball that I've been collecting for awhile which has about 30 other sigs on it - guys like Adalius, Rodney, Matt Cassel, Jarvis Green, Ty Warren, even Bob Kraft. Big-time guys. But Ellis has always eluded me - he's been the whale to my Ahab.

Well, I ran into Ellis at Vince's Party yesterday and finally got his name on my ball. Now granted there's not a lot of space left on it (it's a white Pats autograph ball), but instead of finding a small patch of open real estate he sprawls his name hugely - bigger than anybody else's on the ball, and not only covers over a piece of Antwain Spann's signature, but also right over the "Patriots" script which adorn the ball.

I thought it was perfectly symbolic. Ellis's ego is huge and so is his sig -- while really great guys have much less flamboyant autographs. Ellis thinks he's bigger than the team - he put his autograph right over the team name.

So I got my sig the search is over, and Ellis is gone. House shopping in Pennsylvania. I think attitude and the desire to cash in next year were his downfall - he was mediocre, but so are a lot of other guys on this team. The difference? They know where they stand and try to improve while Ellis already thinks he's the man.

I saw Ellis refuse to pose with someone for a picture and then someone told me he'll only do pics alone.

I agree 100% - he doesn't get that if he weren't a dominant KR no-one would know who he is.

It's cool though, I went down to a grubby back street in Milford (or maybe it was the main street...) and got Slater some Stick 'um.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots