PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vinatieri will be missed in New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
ruacoltsnut said:
In case you are wanting to track AV's every move, reports have it that he was last seen visiting either of these web sites:

http://www.fctucker.com/index.html

http://www.colts.com

Remember..............
We loved Adam.

Now he's gone. I'll be upset if we need a 45 yard FG in a blizzard next year. Otherwise... big friggin' deal.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Actually, he's a Dolt now
Yeah, I'd say Vinatieri pretty much closed the chapter on that "Patriot for life" B.S.

Adam was classy and cool and ice for blood..... I hope he gets the shanks so bad he's out of football in 2 years......The Colts are a joke. All that whining about if, if, if it wasn't in NE, it wasn't sooooo cold, we didn't have home-field, the refs let em beat up our receivers, etc etc etc and they lose badly to the Steelers at home. SB berth on the line and they looked like a high-school team.
Hope ya like it in Indy Adam...... makes sick every time I think about it. But he did a hell of a job here..... :rocker:

Just a few words from AV that made me kind of tear up....

“They’re a great football team and a great organization – from the management to the guys in the locker room – everything about them,†Vinatieri said of the Colts. “Obviously, the record last year speaks for itself. They were as close as anybody was to going undefeated in a long, long, long time. The expectations are still there, if not higher.

“Hopefully, I can do whatever I need to do to help them achieve those expectations.â€

“Obviously, leaving New England was tough in the sense that I have many, many great memories there,†Vinatieri said. “But the Indianapolis Colts organization is such a great organization, a winning organization. Everything about them is fantastic. It made a lot of sense to me, and it was an easy decision at this point to jump on board with the Indianapolis Colts.

“I’m very proud and honored to be here. Hopefully, I can live up to all of their expectations.â€

“There will always be a special spot in my heart for the New England Patriots,†Vinatieri said. “The guys that I’ve played with over the past 10 years, and the things that they’ve accomplished – I’ll always miss a certain degree of that, but I’m very, excited about making some history with the Indianapolis Colts.â€

“It should be an exciting week,†Vinatieri said. “I’ve had a lot of great memories in New England. The fans there are amazing, and the people there are great. They’ve been very, very supportive over the past 10 years. It will be interesting to see how the reaction is later this fall.

“But it was great. It was a great time and great memories and I’m looking forward to the next chapter in my life now.â€

“Hopefully, there are plenty more of those kicks in me still,†Vinatieri said. “Those are all great memories and great things that happened in the past, but it’s the past now. It’s in the rearview mirror right now.

“I’m looking through the windshield. I’m looking forward and hopefully with this organization we’ll have some opportunities to continue that.â€

“I have no animosity at all toward that organization,†he said. “They’re a great organization and a truly classy place. I have no ill feelings toward hem whatsoever. This, to me, was the right decision, and that’s it.â€

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=3651

Just when I thought this board wasn't going to get maudlin about this, this thread shows up. The guy went for the extra jack ( = overpaid) in Indy vs. a sentimental return to N.E. Spend the extra money on someone else and move on.

Adam may be missed from a sentimental standpoint just like lawyer, ty law, maybe bledsoe. Frankly, I don't really care as long as we continue winning in the coming seasons.

smg93 said:
Adam may be missed from a sentimental standpoint just like lawyer, ty law, maybe bledsoe.
May be missed??? I think that is as about as understated as you could be...How could he NOT be missed??? All the film, DVDs...what plays have you seen the most of??? The kicks..Oakland..SBs..the plays that everyone sees are the points..the winning kicks...NOT anything at all with the plays before that. The short passes to Wiggins and Redmond...Givens and others...it's all about that winning moment and Av's hand in the air as the kicks is through the uprights, That is the image of the win that is etched in the many many fans of NE...How could you NOT miss him...when the kicker who is in those is now gone from the team??? But given that purely emotional reaction......
smg93 said:
Frankly, I don't really care as long as we continue winning in the coming seasons.
The fact that he is in Indyland when all is said and done is simple..the emotional impact from the fans will be a zillion time more than the
actuality of his leaving the team. I am not at all saying he is all done or that he will not have solid years in Indy, but that finding another kicker will not be that hard. Replacing a folk hero is..but I don't care about that...as long as the team continues to win..THAT is most important.

Last edited:
Pats726 said:
May be missed??? I think that is as about as understated as you could be...How could he NOT be missed??? All the film, DVDs...what plays have you seen the most of??? The kicks..Oakland..SBs..the plays that everyone sees are the points..the winning kicks...NOT anything at all with the plays before that. The short passes to Wiggins and Redmond...Givens and others...it's all about that winning moment and Av's hand in the air as the kicks is through the uprights, That is the image of the win that is etched in the many many fans of NE...How could you NOT miss him...when the kicker who is in those is now gone from the team??? But given that purely emotional reaction...... The fact that he is in Indyland when all is said and done is simple..the emotional impact from the fans will be a zillion time more than the
actuality of his leaving the team. I am not at all saying he is all done or that he will not have solid years in Indy, but that finding another kicker will not be that hard. Replacing a folk hero is..but I don't care about that...as long as the team continues to win..THAT is most important.

Wow! Clearly, I am a lot more understated than you. Like it was with the 80's Celtics, every now and then I look back at the Bird, Parish, McHale era fondly but I don't yearn for those years to be back or wish we could have the trio back on the team. They're good memories but that's just what they are, memories.

I look forward to the coming patriot season full of hope no matter who is on the team. At the end of the day it's how the team performs that matters to me most because last time I checked, the New England Patriots weren't leaving due to free agency or retiring any time soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back