PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vinatieri was almost booted from Patriots, says Francesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
SignBabyBrady, let's not forget the game winning kick in the Saturday night ice bowl against the Titans in the 2003 Divisional Playoffs. That ball must've been as hard as a rock but somehow it seems he willed the ball over the goal post (he didn't have much room to spare).
I didn't forget I just didn't find the video. I also couldn't find video of the would be game winner vs the Eagles.

(Admittedly my search didn't go much further than one google page.)

Also hit the post and missed at the buzzer vs. KC in October '99. Pats were undefeated up to then and lost by 2 that day. But, man, the vast majority of the time he was "Money."

That was one of the few big misses i remember of av, but this did contribute to getting rid of carroll / getting bb so that was as good of a big miss there is :D

Only other killer misses were the 2 in the janet jackson nipple game (one blocked) and in the denver playoff game 05. Not the reason we lost or anything but at that point in the game it was a huge miss.

I don't remember this particular game, but I do remember Vinitieri being very shaky when he started with the Pats. He got better and more reliable as time went on, kind of like the guy we have now.

That was one of the few big misses i remember of av, but this did contribute to getting rid of carroll / getting bb so that was as good of a big miss there is :D

Only other killer misses were the 2 in the janet jackson nipple game (one blocked) and in the denver playoff game 05. Not the reason we lost or anything but at that point in the game it was a huge miss.
One nipple was blocked???:)

Isn't it funny that Parcells almost cut Vinatieri and actually cut Troy Brown? Those guys are such key components of the early Dynasty years and because of Parcells, the Pats almost didn't have either guy.

Besides costing us the SB vs the Packers, he almost cost us the 2001 championship had he actually gotten rid of Troy or Adam.

Excellent! Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey