Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Vinatieri in the HOF?

• He'll get enough votes, even though I dislike him and think he's undeserving.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour93

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I post polls. You decide.

Wrong time to post this poll.

It comes across as, "Well now that he isn't a Patriot, he must suck"

He is an ass!

But his ass will still be in the hall!

sarge said:
Wrong time to post this poll.

It comes across as, "Well now that he isn't a Patriot, he must suck"

He is an ass!

But his ass will still be in the hall!

That's pretty much spot on. I can't believe some of the infantile posts today ridiculing a guy doing something anyone in his position would have done.

The only area that I would disagree would be that I think he hurt his legacy by leaving the region that worshipped him and made him what he is. That could in turn hurt his chances at the hall, especially when you consider the Colts will never win a Super Bowl again.

Yeah I agree its the poll is too soon too post... but he has made some great kicks, and deserves consideration, but let him do it for indy first...

no way he makes the HOF... he's a kicker with a poor kick-off history, and a good, but not great FG history... he shouldnt make it based on the accomplishments of his team.

He's in but I think we have every right to be ridiculing this guy. He's a muli-millionaire for kicking a f***ing ball. Did he really need the little extra? He was loved here in a way he will never be loved by any other fan base and he blew it. I say we have every right to hate the guy and may God have mercy on his soul.

Seymour93 said:
I post polls. You decide.
exactly... how good was he?
a couple (2) great kicks dont make you a HOF player. take away two great kicks, and he's just camp fodder... lucky to have a ring.

PatsWorldChamps said:
a couple (2) great kicks dont make you a HOF player. take away two great kicks, and he's just camp fodder... lucky to have a ring.

Actually at least four great kicks, 2 in the snow bowl, one to tie, one to win and the two SB kicks...Add 7/7 in overtime and there's more than a few big kicks....
I'm not going to kick him becasue he's no longer a PAtriot.....

I would say that he has a very good shot at making it. But leaving the Patriots was a big step back.

PatsWorldChamps said:

A couple of great kicks that happened to win super bowls. Let's not minimize shall we?

Patsfanin Philly said:
Actually at least four great kicks, 2 in the snow bowl, one to tie, one to win and the two SB kicks...Add 7/7 in overtime and there's more than a few big kicks....
I'm not going to kick him becasue he's no longer a PAtriot.....
it wasnt 2 great super bowl kicks... watch the vids... he almost LOST a super bowl with a routine FG missed... last 50-yarder he kicked? exactly.

I didn't start saying this today, I've been saying it for at least a year. Vinatieri has little chance of making the HOF. Look at the current HOF members. There is one true kicker and another who kicked but was also a decent qb on top of that. There are some recent kickers that have far better careers than Vinatieri yet somehow haven't even been nominated.

huskeralk said:
I didn't start saying this today, I've been saying it for at least a year. Vinatieri has little chance of making the HOF. Look at the current HOF members. There is one true kicker and another who kicked but was also a decent qb on top of that. There are some recent kickers that have far better careers than Vinatieri yet somehow haven't even been nominated.

exactly... many K's have been MUCH better... AV's only claim to fame is 2 great kicks. sorry kids, 2 kicks dont get you to canton

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes