PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vinatieri coaxed to leave by another ex-Pat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatepatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Former Pats LB Willie McGinest reportedly steered K Adam Vinatieri to agent Gary Uberstine, who apparently was trying to place Vinatieri with the Colts while Vinatieri was still being represented by Neil Cornrich's group; it's being speculated that McGinest might get a cut of Uberstine's fee.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I don't know...that sounds a little off the wall

lord knows willie ray needs the money

tatepatsfan said:
Former Pats LB Willie McGinest reportedly steered K Adam Vinatieri to agent Gary Uberstine, who apparently was trying to place Vinatieri with the Colts while Vinatieri was still being represented by Neil Cornrich's group; it's being speculated that McGinest might get a cut of Uberstine's fee.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I don't know...that sounds a little off the wall
i wonder, though, how much the chatting among players and coaches influences some signings. BB may be respected as an nfl coach, but dungy could very well be the coach nfl players most want to play for.
could be dungy instead of mcginest, or dungy+mcginest=indy.
i still find it hard to believe AV would move his family, put his kids in new schools, for the difference between NE money and indy cash.

At some point the hard line negotiating is going to bite them in the ass. Like Keyshawn said when asked about the teams talking to him, "..... or I could go to New England and play for five bucks." Eventually players are going to take the most money. Especially when it's from another contender, in this case Indy. Players talk all the time. I bet a few of our signings have been made because Player X talked about how great of a franchise this is. No big thing.

Caspir said:
.... Like Keyshawn said when asked about the teams talking to him, "..... or I could go to New England and play for five bucks." Eventually players are going to take the most money. Especially when it's from another contender, in this case Indy. Players talk all the time. ...

Players at contract time all too often appear callow, gullible, and manipulable. An agent, however,
cannot be forgiven if he doesn't know that the Patriots always spend as close to the ceiling
as prudence can get them ... and then informs his clients of that fact.

Keyshawn's quote should NOT be taken to heart ... by either fan or fellow player.
It is simply code for, "Piolichick follow a strict budgeting discipline that seeks greatest value;
so therefore don't expect to roll them in free agency!"

McGinest is beginning his patnership in an agent company. Uberstein is no doubt the attorney and Willie McGinest and Snoop Dogg are the front/contact people to pull the fish in.

Uberstein is using them to build a toehold...perhaps he sees some other agents as vunerale...sounds like good old fashioned capitalism to me. I think Willie will do good at it...I think he'll do good at anything he tries...he is intelligent, has personality and well known.

F.B.N. said:
McGinest is beginning his patnership in an agent company. Uberstein is no doubt the attorney and Willie McGinest and Snoop Dogg are the front/contact people to pull the fish in.

Uberstein is using them to build a toehold...perhaps he sees some other agents as vunerale...sounds like good old fashioned capitalism to me. I think Willie will do good at it...I think he'll do good at anything he tries...he is intelligent, has personality and well known.

Quite so, but still ...
an innovative and interesting form of moonlighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back