PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vina#@%&!teri who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrewBeer

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I know this has been said in the past, but I am really feeling it this week.
Two years later, and I am ecstatic Bill and Scott gave him the boot. This kid we got has blossomed into a Vinateri Monster!
Four fieldgoals, all straight down the middle.
Four touchbacks, and the fifth went into the endzone. Adam was lucky to get 5 kicks in the endzone in a freakin year. Touchbacks are by far the most underrated play in football. With starters playing special teams, the break they get from not having to run the length of the field is priceless. I know it may not seem like much when you watch it, but any player will tell you, not having to run 50 yards 4 times as fast as they can in a game helps a ton with the energy level. Just as much, its also great to keep them starting at the 20.
To steal a quote from one of the members on here, "It Gost to be good!"

You're right, that was a heck of a performance yesterday by Gost. And with our new conservative, just don't lose the game offensive philosophy, the margin of error in the kicking game is going to be smaller than it's been in a while.

Speaking of Vina#@%&!teri, did you see he missed a 30 yarder in a dome yesterday? Of course he did kick the game winner, so just like in SB 38 (in which he made 1 of 3 but was nominated for game MVP by some here because he made the last one), he'll get credit.

Vinatieri makes the highlights for kicking a game-winner as the talking heads go on and on about how clutch he is, but fail to point out that it wouldn't have come to that had he not missed a 30-yarder.

Meanwhile Gostkowski does a much better job but doesn't get mentioned anywhere but on this forum and in the Globe. Field position is a major factor in a low scoring game; he had a great game. The Jets had to go 80 yards nearly every time they got the ball, while the Pats were starting from Jets territory as often as not. Great game by Gostkowski.

Praise Gostkowski, but I don't see the need to crap on Adam V.

You're right, that was a heck of a performance yesterday by Gost. And with our new conservative, just don't lose the game offensive philosophy, the margin of error in the kicking game is going to be smaller than it's been in a while.

Speaking of Vina#@%&!teri, did you see he missed a 30 yarder in a dome yesterday? Of course he did kick the game winner, so just like in SB 38 (in which he made 1 of 3 but was nominated for game MVP by some here because he made the last one), he'll get credit.

Two things:

(1) I don't expect the offense to remain this conservative all season. I don't expect a return to the Greatest Show on Field Turf, but I think you're going to see a more vertical passing game by around the Colts game.

(2) I can't see Belioli doing this, but if they wanted to sign Gostkowski through, oh, 2020 or so, I wouldn't complain. :)

Two things:

(1) I don't expect the offense to remain this conservative all season. I don't expect a return to the Greatest Show on Field Turf, but I think you're going to see a more vertical passing game by around the Colts game.

(2) I can't see Belioli doing this, but if they wanted to sign Gostkowski through, oh, 2020 or so, I wouldn't complain. :)
And how many pressure kicks did Gost. make last year?
Oh yeah he could have made one, but BB didn't trust him in the Biggest game of the year.

He did great yesterday, but if and when he misses in a close game this year, you will hear a different tune on this board quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back