Not open for further replies.

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
No, that is not a typo, according to PFT,

ProFootballTalk.com - GIANTS COULD GET A FIRST-ROUNDER FOR SHOCKEY

IF Vilma participates in 85% of the Saints defensive snaps and they sign him to an extention, they have to give the Jets a 2nd round pick (which they have already traded to the Giants for Shockey). I highly doubt that the Saints will let this occur. I'm guessing they will hold him out or not re-sign him, but if they don't they might be looking for an extra 2nd round pick to give to the Jets (they have to give "their" 2nd rounder to the Giants) , because according to league rules if you have a trade in place for "your" (whatever round) pick, and you for some reason don't have that pick, then you have to give the team that you traded with, the next higher round pick instead.

More than likely the if Vilma plays 85% and re-sings they Saints will trade for another 2nd round pick, and gee guess who happens to have 2 of them next draft?

No, that is not a typo, according to PFT,

ProFootballTalk.com - GIANTS COULD GET A FIRST-ROUNDER FOR SHOCKEY

IF Vilma participates in 85% of the Saints defensive snaps and they sign him to an extention, they have to give the Jets a 2nd round pick (which they have already traded to the Giants for Shockey). I highly doubt that the Saints will let this occur. I'm guessing they will hold him out or not re-sign him, but if they don't they might be looking for an extra 2nd round pick to give to the Jets (they have to give "their" 2nd rounder to the Giants) , because according to league rules if you have a trade in place for "your" (whatever round) pick, and you for some reason don't have that pick, then you have to give the team that you traded with, the next higher round pick instead.

More than likely the if Vilma plays 85% and re-sings they Saints will trade for another 2nd round pick, and gee guess who happens to have 2 of them next draft?

Actually, from what I read when that happened, I believe that the Giants would get the Saints' first in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back