PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brettlax3434

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Beat writer Judd Zulgad believes that the Vikings are more likely to make a run at Patriots franchise player Matt Cassel than Derek Anderson.

Anderson has the bigger arm, but Cassel is the superior player. Of course, Cassel will also be far more costly in terms of both picks and money. Either way, Minnesota is expected to make a splash at QB to increase ticket sales.
Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

You know if Ziggy Wilf is so concerned about the image of the Vikings... getting rid of the lame duck head coach would go a great ways. No matter how great MC is... Childress will just waste him.

I think the Vikings are most likely to go after a veteran QB because they are the team with the most to gain. On the other hand, Kurt Warner is probably a more attractive option, given he doesn't cost the team any picks. The Vikings already have given up a 1st and two 3rds in the Jared Allen trade. If they give up another 2-3 picks for a single veteran player, then they will severely hurt their depth long term.

Bigger arm? I wouldnt say there's a big difference between them in arm strength. According to Welker, Matt has a cannon. I think the Vikes would be smart to take Cassel, and then draft a speedy welker type reciever. By the end of the year, they could be a scary team.......that the Pats would beat in the SB :D

Bigger arm? I wouldnt say there's a big difference between them in arm strength. According to Welker, Matt has a cannon. I think the Vikes would be smart to take Cassel, and then draft a speedy welker type reciever. By the end of the year, they could be a scary team.......that the Pats would beat in the SB :D

What if they signed Furrey? He's blazing fast and would leave Sidney Rice to fill the "Moss" role. That would be one scary offense with that WR Corps to compliment Adrian Peterson...

Well...they gave us Joe Cap.:p

Kiss Minnesota good-bye, you'll see idiot Childress go after Jeff Garcia so he can keep his picks and cap space. Why you ask? Because he's Brad Childress, who after making the move for Garcia will finish 8-8 and have his stupid arse fired.

Anderson is currently making $6 million so it would be interesting to see what MC has in mind. If it's in the $9-10 million range that's not very costly.

Also, the Vikings want a new stadium. They need to do something now. If they do move to LA, a USC kid would make a splash.

I would also point out that loss od draft picks must be evaluated with available cap space. Loss of picks is less devestating with tons of cap money to sign a few veterans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots