PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikings RB Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse; deactivated for Pats game at Minnesota

BradyFTW!

Goodell sucks
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Two days before game time.

Vikings star RB Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case | MyFoxHouston

Sources told FOX 26 Sports Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted in Montgomery County for reckless or negligent injury to a child.​

Hope it's nothing, but either way this is by far the most ****ed up off-field NFL week I can remember

Let's let this all play out before we rush to judgment, though. Without veering into apologist territory, we just don't know what happened yet.

Last edited:
Not a good week for the NFL to begin with and now their poster boy RB gets indicted on injury to a child

Wow, unbelievable. I hope that this is not true. I love children. I really don't like people who hurt kids. I hope that this is not as bad as the story seems because I really like Peterson.

This has been a crazy week in the NFL.

Two days before game time.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/2...ted-in-child-injury-case#.VBNYGbapZQ0.twitter

Sources told FOX 26 Sports Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted in Montgomery County for reckless or negligent injury to a child.​

Hope it's nothing, but either way this is by far the most ****ed up off-field NFL week I can remember
This is concerning to see considering this happened just a year ago: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rian-peterson-son-critical-condition/2966015/

There is one thing worse than a man abusing a woman and that is a man abusing a child. Without knowing the details, it is tough to know what went on, but if Peterson conscious hurt one of his kids a suspension isn't warranted - a firing squad is.

Is this the child that died? I need to do me some googlin'....

EDIT: OK now my memory has been jogged. Doesn't seem that this is related to that.

His son died in South Dakota and he was indicted today in Texas. Probably different incidents.
Yeah which is what I find so concerning because he has already lost one child, and now it appears that another child is in some type of harms way.

Sounds easy to say because we play the Vikings next - but I don't think he should be allowed to play Sunday

His son died in South Dakota and he was indicted today in Texas. Probably different incidents.
I agree. That was the son he didn't even know he had until shortly before he died, so IMHO chances are Peterson was not involved in that. Otherwise, the indictment would have been for something worse, likely manslaughter.

Sounds easy to say because we play the Vikings next - but I don't think he should be allowed to play Sunday

I dunno, I think it's way too early to say that. Let the courts work it out, that's what they're there for. And if it turns out that there's anything to it, then ban him.

Although with the current state of the NFL, nothing would surprise me.

My first thought was to wonder if the indictment was related to this. I would have to assume not for a lot of reasons, but very bizarre all around.
Honestly, the fact that it is likely another one of his children is worse than it being the same one in my opinion, because he did not take care of the one that was killed and now this other child is being abused. Maybe he should consider a vasectomy.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back