PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikings message boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
bishbash said:
Ah yes, Sackme, this forum has similar, but its just a little box below your # of posts and if you cursor over it there are different cryptic messages depending on many variables that have been discussed here, but many are confused by. I could see how most folks would end up w/ a bad rating on your 4 team brawl-board. I see you are a moderator/admin. on that board, I guess it works somehow.

There seems to be a certain level of respect for da Bears around here, but many feel their record reflects weak opponents/schedule. The Arizona game exposed a lot! Your take?

Well, being we play them every year...twice...I feel like they are like my brother-in-law.
The hype was all around last year and I was not buying into it.
Every1 around was talking about how great the D was and how they were going to go all of the way.
I just figured that there was NO WAY that they had any chance because of the offense, and...like you said, they had a weak schedule.
I was right.
The flopped immediately in the playoffs.

This year I sense something different.
Yes, the schedule is weak yet again...actually weaker this year than last. And yes, the Bears struggled against the lowly Cards.
But this time, I believe that they have a decent shot.
The offense has sputtered in 2 games, against the Vikes ;) and against the Cardinals, but besides that...it really rocks.
They're good.

If you noticed on my Vikes board I predicted the Bears vs the Patriots in the Super Bowl.
http://nfcnorth.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1161376757

I think that it would be a HELL OF A RE-MATCH, and I would be rootin for you ALL OF THE WAY.

Sackman

AStack75 said:
I was just about to post the same thing. :)

I like the Tedy Bruschi looks like Erik Estrada one.

SackMeIfYouCan said:
If you noticed on my Vikes board I predicted the Bears vs the Patriots in the Super Bowl.
http://nfcnorth.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1161376757
I think that it would be a HELL OF A RE-MATCH, and I would be rootin for you ALL OF THE WAY.
Sackman
Well, garsh, ya sure know how to sweet talk a rivals board. What is your take on Maroney's return to the "Land of 10,000 Lakes"? Did he help turn a few MN folks into closet Patriots rooters?
bish

bishbash said:
Well, garsh, ya sure know how to sweet talk a rivals board. What is your take on Maroney's return to the "Land of 10,000 Lakes"? Did he help turn a few MN folks into closet Patriots rooters?
bish

Closet Patriots fans?
I dont know.
Maybe.

He is very well liked around here...absolutly no haters.
He is a very unselfish player.

We are #1 at stopping the run, so I dont know how he will do...
One things for sure,
If any1 can break through our run-stoppers...it's the twisty-turny Maroney.
:)

I will be cheering him anyway. I might get some odd looks though!

Sacky

I am curious to hear what the long term plans for the Vikigns are Sack me. I believe Brad Johnson has 2 more years on his contract after this year. Is he going to be the QB for the imediate future for this team? Whats the word on Tarvaris? And how can you not be concerned with the heavy workload Chester Taylor has seen as his first 6 games as a fulltime starter? Granted he has low mileage, but hes on pace for over 350 carries. With Brad Johnson second in carries with 12. With the NFL being a copycat league you have to assume that the Vikes are looking to bring in a back to help ease the load on Taylor. Isn't Mewelde Moore a similar back to Taylor?

vafides said:
I am curious to hear what the long term plans for the Vikigns are Sack me. I believe Brad Johnson has 2 more years on his contract after this year. Is he going to be the QB for the immediate future for this team? Whats the word on Tarvaris?
Brad is just filling the void.
When he stepped in as the QB, I think that the feeling was to let the old man play, while the main goal was to teach Tarvaris Jackson on the sidelines.
I don't think any real Vikings fan thought that they had a chance at a Super Bowl this year...it was meant to be a wash...a learning year.
West Coast offense is new to us and will probably take a year to feel it completely.
Tomlin 2 defense (Tampa 2 with a twist) will take a year for every1 to feel comfortable with too.
We are growing as a team and I really believe that in a couple of years we will be a dominant team. We have alot of youth.
Brad might be the QB next year, but if he fails at any point and Tarvaris looks like he is ready...I think that thing will change.
I cant see Brad being the QB 2 years from now...unles he turns into a GOD, and Mr. Johnson has never been a great QB.

vafides said:
And how can you not be concerned with the heavy workload Chester Taylor has seen as his first 6 games as a fulltime starter?
I am not too concerned for multiple reasons.
#1- he is a starting runningback and wanted to be, so he needs to do what he is called to do. As you know, we haven't had a decent RB for many years, so I could be wrong with my mindset on this one.
#2-We have Mewelde Moore and Ciatric Fason, who in my mind, could handle the role of Chester.
#3-Right now it's our line that is making Chester look good.
If you noticed the little 95 yard scant he had against Seattle, I believe Hutch had two blocks on that one run...that is how the Line is playing now.

vafides said:
Granted he has low mileage, but hes on pace for over 350 carries. With Brad Johnson second in carries with 12. With the NFL being a copycat league you have to assume that the Vikes are looking to bring in a back to help ease the load on Taylor. Isn't Mewelde Moore a similar back to Taylor?

I cant see the Vikes bringing in another RB, but, ask me again if Taylor and Moore go down, I might change my answer.
Mewelde is a swivel-hips type of back.
Taylor seems to be a power runner.
Mewelde has more speed than Taylor though...

This should be an interesting TUG-O-WAR!

Sackman

BUMP, game time is tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back